Page 1 of 2
Build-Ups \  AirRideLuvtruck Part II

AirRideLuvtruck Part II

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 3430
replies 16
following 10

airrideluvtruck   +1y
So Im finally back to workin on the luv again.... Some of you may remember the build up of this truck here on streetsource. I ended up putting this project aside to finish up my other projects that didnt need as much work to finish like this one, so I saved this one for last.

Last week I sold the frame to a friend that has a chevy luv as well. I sold the frame because since I last worked on it I've decided I want the truck to be bodydropped when it is finished. I didnt feel like cutting the frame all up for a stockfloor bd when it was pretty close to being ready for the road. So Im going to start fresh with a narrowed toyota front suspension clip and build a custom frame out of 2x3
64caddy   +1y
rad!
low mazda   +1y
Edited: 1/29/2011 3:37:53 PM by low mazda

So essentially, it'll be a yota with a luv body? Nice. Kind of like the black one from minitruckin a few years back? Love the older trucks. Keep up progress and keep us posted on progress!
mjavy7   +1y
Good luck with the new plans! looking at the old frame it looks like you will be just fine on this build.
airrideluvtruck   +1y
Well, the transmission in my '69 f350 ford crewcab smoked the clutch discs and wiped out the valvebody (Ford C6). So I spent the last week pulling the trans, completely rebuilding it and I finally located a valvebody today. Its ready to install but now but its raining outside and the trucks is to long to fit inside, so Im gonna have to probably wait a couple more days until I get back to workin on the luv.

In the meantime I picked up a set of 18's, and found a '78 toyota axle at the local pull a part...
post photo
post photo
bgp1mpin   +1y
what did the steel wheels come from and what size are they?
lowrthnu92   +1y
--------------------------------------------

bgp1mpin said:

what did the steel wheels come from and what size are they?

--------------------------------------------

http://www.finishlinewheels.com/GMC/SIERRA/2006/S-08069U20/
smctoy   +1y
sic build!!
airrideluvtruck   +1y
Edited: 2/28/2011 11:27:09 PM by AirRideLuvtruck

Have had much time lately to work on this project, but I managed to find some time today and narrowed the toyota clip 3.5". Im going to build a set of control arms that are 3/4" shorter to give me a final track width measurement of 51.5". Hopefully within the next few weeks Ill have some time to really get some real progress made on this....

post photo
post photo
post photo
airrideluvtruck   +1y
Edited: 12/24/2011 4:53:14 AM by AirRideLuvtruck

Its been awhile since I worked on this project, but Im finally back at it.

I only worked on it for a few hours tonight and started making the first parts of the frame rails. I hope to have a full frame made by the first of the year.

Here's what I have done so far...

Figuring out how wide i want the frame

Started drawing on my garage floor...

Once I got the angles figured out I clamped the new rails down to some 2x4" and burned em in.

I dont plan on using the floor or a frame table, I have another way to keep everything square.

gettin an idea of what the wheels will look like on it
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo