Page 1 of 1
Body work and Paint \  ok need sum help deciding

ok need sum help deciding

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 519
replies 5
following 6

1lowChevy   +1y
ok i need some help deciding on what color primer i should shoot my truck with i want it simple but clean lmk what yall think its going on a 07 classic chevy? thanks
Uncle Fester   +1y
See if the bodyshop mixed any colors a customer didnt want and go from there. Maybe get it at a discounted price.
slammedcivicsi   +1y
what colour paint are you planning on going with. Because primer colours do directly relate to paint colours. Tipically grey is a neutral shade, which is why it is so common. If your planning on painting white, I wouldnt recommend blue primer, because any rock chips will chip the colour of your primer.

-Brad
Inked84   +1y
also the color of your primer could change the color of your paint. like if your spraying a color that is even the slightest bit tranparent the color of the primer will change the tint of your topcoat, for example if you spray a yellow over a primer or sealer that isnt a very light color it will have a greenish tint after its applied. just try and figure out what color you want the truck to be painted and then you will know where you can go with the primer or sealer.
tre5   +1y
Don't primer a 07 truck without the plans of it being blocked and painted right after.... just saying
RMrider17   +1y
Yea for example my friend is doing a metallic blue on his truck, we had primed the hood gray and put the color down to see how it looked and he didnt think it was dark enough, so we switched to black primer instead.
Page 1 of 1