Page 1 of 1
Body work and Paint \  sandable seam sealer

sandable seam sealer

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 6254
replies 7
following 7

dirty   +1y
looking to get opinions on sandable seam sealer. got my bed sheetmetaled and the areas that can be bodyworked will. there are a few areas that will need seam sealer so thats where my question comes in. whats the best sandable seam sealer to use for this type of application?? ive looked at fusor 019 and 109 but nt sue which way to go or what other options are out there
BK2LIFE   +1y
spray the bare metal with etching primer, and then Epoxy coat, so it doesnt rust. then just bondo it and sand the bondo. seam sealer isnt meant to be sanded. its flexible. its a seam for a reason. if you use hard ass seam sealer then it could leak over time due to the metal moving.

idminitrucker (jason)   +1y
I used sem seam sealer 39477 two years ago and it worked great and is still holding up great. I used it in my bed and on the tubs under the hood too. it goes over bare metal and i found 80 grit sands it pretty nice and then primed over it and sanded that and then painted as normal.
slammedcivicsi   +1y
I also used the sem seam sealer jason is reffering to. I believe I used 120 grit though, and it also sanded fairly nice, but took a little more elbow grease than the 80 grit would have. I was able to keep a nice tight seam on my inners for my bedside.

-Brad
shavedmax   +1y
automix makes a nice seam sealer that doesnt self level, making it easier to manipulate before it sets up.
mytruck2low4u   +1y
did you ever hear of the seam sealer trick???? where you put the seam sealer on and then smooth it out with lacquer thinner???? Ive seen it done and it looks smooth as can be! just an Idea..........
dirty   +1y
its gonna work out to where have of the bed is gonna bodyworked nd the other half of the seams will be seam sealed.
i havent heard of the laquer trick. ill have to keep that in mind.
ill lok into the sem stuff too. thnks for the info

any other info would be helpful
airbrushcav   +1y
Yes use seam sealer 3m it sands good also, We use it everyday at work i paint over it and it works well goood shit hit me up for moe info 4lokoj@att.net its 3m sandable sealer
Page 1 of 1