threads
Page 1 of 1
Toyota Trucks \  the real way to do this? (help)

the real way to do this? (help)

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 1373
replies 6
following 6

sicsan   +1y
i know theres some other post about this. but i need to really bypass my charcoal canister. on my truck its a 22re. in everypost i read about how do this theres always a different way to do it and no pictures. ive googled it idk. i know it has a rubber hose that comes out of botttom of canister and goes under the cab and i know it has a vent line from gas tank goes to it. and i think 2? vaccum lines on top.... i dont have in front of me..i dont care if check engine light comes on or not.. but i dont wanna hurt theengines running either. anyone know how to do this and have done it and have a picture?

i moved tank inside the cab of 4runner. it wouldnt mount in the factory spot when i dropped cab on frame cause the floor dips down alot for seats. when id screw the gas tank cap tight and go down the road its like it vaporlock and it would cut off. but unscrew were air can get in and runs fine. but the fumes breath out inside which sucks baddd. so i dont drive it. also when it would get hot if cap was unscrewed gas would come out of the bottom hose on canister? idk if its clogged or what? anyone have a idea? like the gas tank wont vent if cap is tighten thanks bobby
slammedcivicsi   +1y
i just tore mine out. Didnt do anything special. Havent had an issue in 40,000 kms.
sicsan   +1y
--------------------------------------------

slammedcivicsi said:

i just tore mine out. Didnt do anything special. Havent had an issue in 40,000 kms.

--------------------------------------------

what you do with the vaccum lines? and how u vent gas tank?
slammedcivicsi   +1y
I just let the tank vent. My tank is still outside the truck. If I were you I would run a hose from the breather to the outside of your 4runner, and put a small breather filter on it, so keep debris out.
slammedcivicsi   +1y
and I Dont think I capped any of the lines, at the time I removed the charcoal canister, However now everything is capped because I removed all my emissions, and my truck is EFI, so I had to weld bungs and plug the manifold, aswell as remove wiring.

-Brad
n2bnlow   +1y
I relocated min closer to the gas tank. I mounted it to the rear of my cab, under the bed. I followed the hardlines that run into the top of the canister. Cut the lines and reconnected them to the correct inlet/outlets. I wouldn't remove it. Just relocate it.

:XL:
cajuntaco   +1y
I took mine off and threw it out. The hard line from the tank I cut short down by the frame and left it as a vent. Then unplugged the vac lines and capped them. I got rid of all those VSV's on top the valve cover. And made a block-off plate for the EGR.

My truck never even threw the check engine light.
Page 1 of 1