threads
Page 1 of 1
Toyota Trucks \  Easy Question for ya...

Easy Question for ya...

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 395
replies 9
following 6

Tacon19s   +1y
How much will it take to body drop a Tacoma to pinch? oh and the frame is already layed out flat front to rear. I have heard 2.5", I have heard 2.75" and I have heard 3".

Anyone?
jgarris11   +1y
Easy way to get you answer is to put a long straight edge across the bottom of the frame rails the measure the distance from the pinch to the straight edge.
Tacon19s   +1y
the cab on my truck right now is already body dropped. I have another cab in mint shape I am putting on my frame and just thought maybe someone would know off the top of their head....cuz I dont remember. maybe someone here could run out to their tacoma thats not body dropped and measure it really quick for me...that would be really sweet.
drtbiker182   +1y
Sounds like you have the perfect chance to stock floor it! 2.5" will get you Pinch Traditional Bodydropped
Tacon19s   +1y
--------------------------------------------

drtbiker182 said:

Sounds like you have the perfect chance to stock floor it! 2.5" will get you Pinch Traditional Bodydropped

--------------------------------------------

yeah thats the plan dude. I have had a traditionaled cab for tooooo long.

so 2.5"? can anyone else confirm that?
dmkustoms   +1y
What if you run a straight edge across the cab from rocker to rocker, then measure from the floor of the cab to the straight edge roughly where the frame runs, that would tell you how much space you have for framerail if you are doing a SFBD. Thats how I have checked for clearance on a couple truck cabs that were off the frames. If its less than 3 inches of clearance, i would plan on doing a mild channel though.
drtbiker182   +1y
Your probably using 2x3 for the frame right?
Tacon19s   +1y
yes 2x3. and I am gonna avoid cutting the floor at all costs. with the exception of the tunnel of course
trucks&stuff   +1y
2.5 will do it
Tacon19s   +1y
So it takes 2.5" to lay the pinch? A stock floor is alot of work for just 2.5"......I dont wanna take it to rocker though cuz my truck right now is into rocker and it bows the bedsides out when its layed.
Page 1 of 1