Page 1 of 1
Body work and Paint \  need help to remove cheap bedliner

need help to remove cheap bedliner

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 404
replies 7
following 7

2ndChance   +1y
You know the story- you get what you pay for. I had a guy do a bedliner in my truck & something/somewhere down the line went wrong. Long story short,  it was a cheap do it yourself kit(rock-it liner I think) & now where he put seam sealer over the welds its bubbling/peeling. How can I get the seam sealer & bed liner off?
Layumon22s   +1y
Eric from the little shop did a write up about this exact topic in this months street trucks.
Slappy Mc Nasty   +1y

sand blast it, wire wheel it, chisel and hammer or chemical removal. is it too far gone to re-line it with the good stuff? pics perhaps?
dumpednshaved   +1y
^^^Couldn't have said it better.  Another good option is to set your truck out in the sun on a hot day (100 plus degrees).  I have done this and it pulled right up.  Granted it was a good quality liner (rhino) but you should still get the same results.
dropduallie88   +1y
I cut my line-x out with a razor blade. just cut 2 inch strips and pulled it up
bukfidy   +1y
We used a pressure washer on my buddys bed...took that cheap crap right off
kdaddy   +1y

I spray n liners for a living Speedliner to be exact and some of the answers above might work I have had success with the pressure washer on the cheap and thin liners and with the so called good quality liners ( rhino, line-x, etc... ) lol, the cut and pull method as work. If its stuck pretty good you just have to grind it out or at least most of it and then spray over it. Next time find a professional to do the work a least it would be warranty. Live close to Northeast Georgia checkout Css Innovations for a Speedliner bedliner price is right quality is bar none and you want be disappointed, and won't have this problem again.
2ndChance   +1y

Thanks guys, Im actually having someone look at it tomorrow to sandblast it, but I might try to preasure wash it first. Im having the most trouble with the seam sealer. Yes, after its out, I am having a professional shop do it.
Page 1 of 1