Page 1 of 3
Body work and Paint \  Spray on bedliners...a few questions

Spray on bedliners...a few questions

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 1734
replies 21
following 20

Spart   +1y
I've read some threads on here from back in 2006 and there was much debate on what was best and I never really saw anything definitive. Has there been any technological advances or anything since then? Also does quality depend on the product or the individual doing the spraying? Both?

Thanks in advance 
Uncle Fester   +1y

Good question I am getting ready to do my bed in the next few weeks and like to see what the best route.
scr8pnyota   +1y

im going with a line X next just removed my Rhino lining (sucked) it was porous and faded wanted to get it black again and they have a can of spray paint you can used screw that  The line x can just pressure wash with simple green and brand new again. i would make sure it is prepped right too.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ-4csorOgI&feature=related
Inked84   +1y

we use SEM's pro-tex bed liner. it has to be tinted but it matches really well once its tinted and sprayed.  its a two component system and you can spray it with an old pressure pot gun if you have a big enuff tip on it. 
simple-pleasurez   +1y
imo linex is awesome. i have it and love it. my compressors are bolted to the bed and it quiets them down alot. rhino liner is too slick. linex is kinda rough so stuff doesnt slide.  i had a buddy who sprayed vortex bedliners and i liked the look and feel of it. but no clue on how it lasts.  how did you remove your rhino?
scr8pnyota   +1y

heat gun and wasnt prepped right so it peeled out. it  is was going to be heat up with a torch and scraped out for $500 to remove it. so did it my self
cable   +1y
check out al's liner.com  , a d.i.y. bedliner.can be sprayed any texture,1/8 in thick,can be done in any color,says to be stronger than line-x when using the flatting agent,there gun has 5 different textures it can spray to look like rhino linning or line-x,can add sand,ground rubber,looks to be very nice system,I bought the gun and liner,hope to spray my firewall and inside cab this week or next. it's $98.00 a gallon,the guns$55.00,comes in black,gray,or tan.or you can mix any color you want including pearls/metallics.
bigbsisuzu   +1y
Edited: 7/27/2010 11:52:07 PM by bigbsisuzu

i vote line x i am really picky when it comes to the small things.. i looked at allot of diff company and line x won its nice and clean not all chunky like some... worth the money
1SICKCANYON   +1y
I use raptor liner! Stuff is amazing and very affordable! The kit is only $150. That's for black or tintable!!! If u tint it obviously you'll have to buy ur color but that's it! And the kit comes with a gun. I prepped masked and sprayed my bed on my canyon in like 2 hrs. Very easy to use and it's been very durable. Check it out you won't be dissapointed!
splitdecision   +1y

I have a friend that runs a Line-X, as far as durability AND what I consider to be the best looking finish Line-X is it. However if you are on a budget and want to do it yourself we used the Raptor Liner on our shop car hauler. It gets at least 3-4 cars hauled around Atlanta on it a day so you figure thats 6-8 times a day it is getting straps and ratchets thrown around all over it strapping and unstrapping cars. The finish isn't quite as nice as Line-X but the durability has been great so far.