threads
Page 1 of 2
Body work and Paint \  painting on billet wheels?

painting on billet wheels?

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 2551
replies 15
following 10

bagged00   +1y
Edited: 7/7/2010 8:32:03 PM by bagged00

hey guys i dont really get on here much but monitor it to learn shit. wanting to add an accent to my boyd billets.my question is how would i prep it for paint. i work at a body shop and know how to paint just not sure what process youd go through.
had this idea last night. thought id put some black accents in my wheels with vinyl becuase i didnt wanna paint and be fucked with the looks. heres what i did with the vinyl. found out its to hard and not gonna work, but gave me a good idea of what it would look llike and i like it alot. so i may paint it anyways opinions please!
like i said im really like the black, think it makes the spoke look skinnier for a more simple wheel. what do yall think?
edit: cant figure out how to upload pics...img link doesnt work like most forums.   
Brandan   +1y
Is the image hosted somewhere else?  Add "" after the link to the image. That should imbed it.
bagged00   +1y

^ thats what i did, what i posted was copied and pasted directly from aanother forum that the images worked on. dunno why they wont work on here? its a photobucket img embede link.      
bagged00   +1y
Vinyl.Photshop black:Chop green:On truck orginal:On truck chop black:On truck chop green:
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
Jcfreeman0   +1y
Edited: 7/7/2010 9:12:08 PM by Jcfreeman0

Looks good with the black. How I insert pics: Copy the image location (inside of your img code) then click the little square yellow/purple button with the mountain then past the image code in the url part.        
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
THE_CRUCK   +1y

In the reply box there is a lil picture of a mountain two over from the smiley face, click that and upload the images from your computer. Prepping a wheel is not much different from prepping a vehicle.
JTB   +1y
the black makes the wheels look bigger
bigperm   +1y

i dig the green... very subtle, but i like how it ties in w/ the rest of the truck.  to me, the black makes them look less like boyds and more like boss wheels...
tucky   +1y

tape it off. sand with 220. Acid etch primer then continue just like painting any thing else.

tucky   +1y

do the black like you have shown, but then paint the hoop green and leave the spokes billet. cause the black does make it look bigger and makes the spokes look better too, but i dig the green highlight too