What up nuckas!

General Discussion
views 910
replies 12
following 6

jcampbell1180   +1y
Bad. Ass.
onefasthoagie   +1y

TBI wiring to the injector sometimes gets old and brittle. truck runs like crap and has no power, then it randomly goes back to normal. dosn't throw any codes. once i got a lean o2 code though. once it was doing it, i threw it in park jumped out, removed the air filter, saw the one injector sputtering, touched the wires and poof it went back to normal.

so move the wires around going to the injectors and try again
someotherguy   +1y
Naw I mean it went from running perfectly fine to a total no-start condition, as if the pump or ignition module quit. I'm hip to the flaky wiring issue, stuff like that doesn't "fix" itself. This went from several hours of won't start to fires right up and runs fine...so I've got my pressure test Tee installed, driving around with my fuel pressure gauge and spark checker with me now. I hate shotgunning repairs so I'll just have to wait and see what the failure is next time it craps out, then repair it. However now I'm leaning more towards ignition module as I wouldn't expect a failing pump to continue working again this long. Could be wrong though!

Richard