Page 1 of 2
General Discussion \  What up nuckas!

What up nuckas!

General Discussion
views 902
replies 12
following 6

someotherguy   +1y
I'm back, or something like that. Shut down my shop in TX and booked ass for FL...down here in gator hole, skeeter lake, something like that. Working w/my lil bro building hot rods and restoring classics.

Not much else to say but that...my HD is about in the same shape as before, it did a kickass job of getting me down here, loaded down fairly well for the 1,000+ mile trip:

thread post photo

Between the full blue snapon box, the ext cab, and another snapon box in the bed of the ext cab along with some misc. tools so I'm fairly sure I came close to overloading that 7,000 lb trailer. Only time the HD gave me any grief was that unexpected steep climb back up the tunnel somewhere in AL right before crossing over into FL, hadda downshift a little.

My lil bro has a cool dually as well, '58 or '59 GMC 1 or maybe 1.5 ton, hell I dunno, sort of home-made into an extended cab a million years ago. Rusted all to hell, you can see through the body in more places than it is solid, but it's cool as shit and runs and drives pretty decent! I'll try to grab some pics of it to post up soon.

Richard
huskerdually   +1y
Welcome back.
liljlowrider   +1y
great whos gunna wire my dually up and get it running for me now LOL
baha   +1y
Welcome back man
jcampbell1180   +1y
What it be, Knee-grow?
someotherguy   +1y
Just a squirrel in this world...! Now my logon problems have switched places, got in today with IE7 after trying with google Chrome and DS kept kicking me back not logged in. Whateva!

Been driving the HD primarily last week or so because the ext cab just started giving me the flakes; dunno if it's fuel pump or ignition module yet, when I went to troubleshoot, it just fired right back up. Threw my spark checker in the door panel and ordered a fuel pressure test adapter (TBI) from XtremeFI so I can carry my pressure gauge around with me too. So as soon as that shows up and I install it, I'll drive the ext cab till it craps out again then be ready to test for WTF is wrong.

Not that I mind daily-driving the HD, it's fun, all these slow-moving fewls out here in FL - downshift and pass, big block thundering through the dumped Flowmasters sounds like the world coming to an end. People with their windows open cringe like the black death is upon them!

Richard
jcampbell1180   +1y

Thy Reaper is nigh!
someotherguy   +1y
My lil bro pulled his rig out today so I snapped a couple quick pics. Yes I shit you not this truck runs and drives; I drove it the other day to deliver a racing tractor to an event at the local youth center - my bro was doing an exhibition run with a John Deere "lawn tractor" that can go 102 mph, after making a few hot passes up and down the driveway then turning some wicked donuts, he pulled it up to a wall and smoked the tires off it. Now I gotta order up two more Turfmaster 18x8.50x8's. Anyway back to the truck, here it is:

For the "rat rodders", here's your "patina" bitches! Original artwork from a bazillion years ago when this truck obviously delivered ice. I'm guessing the standard type stepside bed got thrown on after a fridge box of some kind was removed.

And a shot of the JD for the doubters in the crowd, a previous event, my lil bro smokin' em down...

Richard
jcampbell1180   +1y
That Deere is straight GANGSTA, Holmes!

More pix pleaseandthankyou!
someotherguy   +1y
No good direct shots of it, right now it's sitting in our shop with the back wheels off, waiting for tires to come in. He popped one of them at the youth center event. They tend to grow like old drag slicks when you spin 'em that fast, these are still just 4 ply "not for highway use" tires. Balls-out crazy if you ask me but what the hell. Tractor belongs to customers of ours, two brothers that have several of their cars here being built. The tractor was brought here for gas tank repair (someone else polished the aluminum tank right through a weld) and they invited my little bro to beat on it, which was a mistake! Don't get me wrong, they were right there for this burnout, cheering him on. Gotta love customers like that.

Shit-eating grin as they really start to smoke up...

Totally enveloped in a cloud of burnt-ass rubber

Doing some wicked donuts, obviously you can't get a feel for it from a pic, someone caught video but I don't have it on my computer yet.

The thing is nuts, has a V-twin Briggs that is something like 23-25 HP, and a Triumph motorcycle transmission. The body is a real steel JD lawn tractor that has been sliced and diced. Dual exhaust sounds like a small Harley, loud as hell, totally wicked!

Richard