threads
Page 1 of 1
Body work and Paint \  Ice Pearls And What Do They Do?

Ice Pearls And What Do They Do?

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 1586
replies 5
following 5

mazrod   +1y
Im used to painting vehicles just base B/C. I had a guy come to me with some HOK Tangelo Orange and some Ice Pearl. I have no idea when to add the Ice Pearl and dont you need a white or black base for the Tangelo, and what the hell does Ice Pearl do. Anybody have any pics they can share with Ice Pearl. Im strictly old school painter, but im willing to try this if its going to get me more busisness....
warpedrenderings   +1y
Edited: 7/1/2010 12:55:32 PM by bamfben

its like a pearl with some small crystal type flakes in it , use it in a intercoat or midcoat clear over the base before you clear it . if you put it in the clear coat you take a chance of running it so its better jsut to use a midcoat since its like clear base coat . best pic i have this was red base  with blue ice pearl and screaming yellow pearl mixed together , looked red at certain angles then looked orange and then a little purple.        
post photo
shpaint1   +1y
Ice pearls, xerlic pearls, lightning pearls, diamond pearls are all glass type pearl, extremely sharp edges and lots of um, they reflect a LOT of light, there are a lot different names on the front of the jars but most all of them are from the same factories. there bright and flashy and take a almost "metal flake" appearance.  they are also very transperant and dont change the base color of the surface as much as most of the other pearls. the biggest draw back's to um is there "in yer face" attitude, not a good choice for those wanting a suttle or ghost look at all and there limited number of colors mostly for the most part you got red, blue, violet, white, russet (a copper color) gold and green, i do make some custom colored ones but not many and there on a per job basses and i use the maincolors to do it, so if you wanted a orange i would be mixing a gold and a red. there are custom colored ones avalable to me as well form different facotries but they also are a custom order and quite expencive. they rangr from 20 to 500um in size (most regular pearls range from 10 to 50 um in size) so you can see where they are quite a bit larger hope this helps man, theres a lot of bad info out there on pearls and such, and lot of folks say a name or style of something and there compleaty mistaken so there is the real skinny.
cable   +1y
shpaint1 (Shane Hildebrand)-
you ever get moved to north carolina?
shpaint1   +1y
--------------------------------------------

jcable said:

shpaint1 (Shane Hildebrand)-you ever get moved to north carolina?

--------------------------------------------

we are moving the 27th of this month, we will be in mooresville for the first month or so, and i will be taking my paint rack, flakes and pearls with me this trip so if ya need a custom color of some special shit hit me up
cable   +1y
Edited: 9/14/2010 8:19:39 AM by jcable

Edited: 9/14/2010 8:17:36 AM by jcable

man if you could be here the 24th instead you could make it to scr8pfest 13, 24th-26th at concord motor speedway(minutes from mooresville)1 of the best shows around,that would suck to show up the day after the show,lol+if you could get a vendor booth,would be a great way to get your name out and fast in north carolina.I hear it's gonna be the biggest show yet!!!

[/url]
Page 1 of 1