Hydraulic Suspensions \  2005 Maxima... tre5 customs

2005 Maxima... tre5 customs

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 2496
replies 30
following 16

purpl7duece   +1y
Edited: 6/16/2010 11:48:33 PM by purpl7duece

Don't forget the video! HAHA BTW somebody stole my effin Tre5 Customs shirt!!! Bastards
THE_CRUCK   +1y

Oh come on, we try to get the most lift while still layin out as low as possible. IMO I think the car would look better with 20's or cut the front end up to lay lower.
tre5   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by k24 rd6Looks good.  So what needs to be cut out in the front? ---------------------------------------------I will evaluate that tomorrow. There are wires in both wheel wells that will have to be moved. Then depending on where the tire is hitting I will determine how much to cut. None of the suspension is binding yet though.
tre5   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by ahabTHREE WHEEL PICS!!!!!!NOW!!!!

---------------------------------------------haha, 3 wheeling with Machpherson struts is a no.no. Ask the guy with the camaro in Tucson he has already bent a cylinder doing it.
tre5   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by purpl7dueceEdited: 6/16/2010 11:48:33 PM by purpl7dueceDon't forget the video! HAHA BTW somebody stole my effin Tre5 Customs shirt!!! Bastards ---------------------------------------------I have one left in your size if you want it.
tre5   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by THE_CRUCKOh come on, we try to get the most lift while still layin out as low as possible. IMO I think the car would look better with 20's or cut the front end up to lay lower.---------------------------------------------You know I am playing with you guys, lol. It's a full size car, 20's would look dumb! I will see if I can cut up the front to get it lower though.
tre5   +1y

Well, I pulled the fenders off to see what was getting in the way and what I could do about it. There was a wiring harness on both sides. I extended about 100 wires total (no b.s.). In order to make any real difference in height, the wheel wells would need to be tubbed and the unibody rail would need to be cut and replated. The owner decided he didn't want to do that much. So I just relocated the wires, folded the pinch molding over, and hammered a couple spots. It got it about 1/2" lower. It is now tucking the entire lip of the wheel. I also adjusted the rear cylinders and got about 1/4" out of the rear. The car is firmly planted... tires on metal.  The start of the fun!  One side of extending done  Up and out of the way with the pinch molding folded over as well.   On to the next one!
post photo
post photo
post photo
shavedmax   +1y

with how much it tucks in the back it needs a bigger lip on the wheels, but otherwise it looks great!
smctoy   +1y

looks awesome!
IGotIssues   +1y
Edited: 6/17/2010 9:54:08 PM by IGotIssues

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by tre5 On to the next one!---------------------------------------------And that would be?Car looks good!