Page 1 of 4
Build-Ups \  Hello, this is my project

Hello, this is my project

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 1356
replies 34
following 27

skro777   +1y
Hello, Im sorta new here been looking through the forums for years but never really posted anything. I thought i would post up some pics and progress on my project. Its a 01' Tacoma that has been getting worked on slowly. The plans are not too crazy, 20s body drop, new rear clip, currently i am working on getting all the loose ends tied up in the rear and the plan on moving on to the front suspension. I hope to have this thing rolling by the end of the year. here are some pics. I hope to be done with all the 4link mounts later this week, mount fuel cell, and air bags by the weekend. I will post some more pics then.
retro dime   +1y
Looks badass! Cant wait to see more pics man
smctoy   +1y

welcome to the site...looks damn good to me!
bodydroppedon20   +1y

looks great, got any pics of the whole thing?
mjavy7   +1y

Looks awsome. Can't wait to see it come together.
tre5   +1y
Isn't that bag going to want to roll over with all that length below it. Seems like it would be better off mounted on the lower arm instead of a foot above it. Or a hydraulic cylinder would work good as well. 
post photo
skro777   +1y

You cant really see it in the picture because the frame is hiding it, but there is a linear bearing mounted to that shiny shaft via the piece of vertical tubing that connects to the upper bag mount. that will keep it from rolling over. Ill post some pics soon as I get it all welded up properly.

tukn18saccord   +1y

hell yeah love the way the rear can handle that angle
Ray_Ray   +1y

Looks Killer!!
tre5   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by skro777You cant really see it in the picture because the frame is hiding it, but there is a linear bearing mounted to that shiny shaft via the piece of vertical tubing that connects to the upper bag mount. that will keep it from rolling over. Ill post some pics soon as I get it all welded up properly.

---------------------------------------------Unless there is something inside the bag (or around the outside of it I guess), the bag seems like it will go wherever it wants. It needs something like what the shockwaves are. Something through the middle of the bag to keep it from collapsing over. I hope whatever you have works for you though. The frame looks cool. Those trailing arms look kinda like the Giant brand ones.