Build-Ups \  1951 styleline special

1951 styleline special

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 3629
replies 61
following 35

garagebuilt   +1y
Edited: 11/22/2010 1:30:31 PM by garagebuilt

picked up this 51 styline special from my grandparents in New Mexico. its had the rear and side window out for a while but the rust isnt too bad. it will be bagged and have a new motor put in it. once i get it driveable ill slowly
87mazda   +1y

looks badass.. ive been looking forever for a project like that one..      are you going to restore it?
02ramon20s   +1y
looks like a fun project.
garagebuilt   +1y

thanks. it will get bagged and a new motor then ill decide exactly how far i want to go with it.

smctoy   +1y

awesome project
Slappy Mc Nasty   +1y

wow. a piece of history for shure. how long was it sitting for? i would leave the outside exactly the way it looks now. bags and motor are definately needed. maybe one of those "Serape" blankets for the seat.
baggedmitsu   +1y

paint it! patina is overated!
tre5   +1y

^^^ I agree. Make that thing shine!   Cool project!
boooghar   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by garagebuiltpicked up this 51 styline special from my grandparents in New Mexico. its had the rear and side window out for a while but the rust isnt too bad. it will be bagged and have a new motor put in it. once i get it driveable ill slowly fix rust and do body work.  this i where it was sitting  ---------------------------------------------whats up with the other cars sitting around the one you got ?
post photo
garagebuilt   +1y
Edited: 4/30/2010 1:28:37 PM by garagebuilt

most of the other cars are probably gonna end up for sale. ill post some pics of what alls there.theres a 37 ford a 30 plymouth a couple fairlane 500s a falcon a 39 cadillac and 2 pintos and some others. you cant see even a quarter of whats there in that pic. im sure it will get painted but not anytime soon cause ill be doing all the work. its been sitting since the late 70s when my dad quit driving it. not sure how long the windows have been out though.