Have to vent sorry

General Discussion
views 1451
replies 21
following 13

remcolent   +1y
Thanks guys

Wife is more or less OK.
Her face doen't look to charming at the moment.
She's in tears most of the day and I'm just angry .
Here in the Netherlands The country of legal prostitution and legalised drugs we are not alowed to even lay a finger on our own kids.
Already he acused me of beating me up at school just becouse I dit refused to buy him a par of 200 euro sneakers.
I did got in a lot of problems becouse of that.
Remco
d.fens   +1y
Tough situation.

Might be best to have your wife press charges - hard to press charges against your own kid, but nothing sends a wake-up call to a kid with an attitude problem like a few days in the county lockup.
rnonelower   +1y
damn bro if you can't discipline him he will probable keep the shit up I would put him on the streets
onefasthoagie   +1y
thats the problem now with this country! u can't flog your own children for acting like monsters....yes, i've gotten the yard stick several times, but looking back on it now, i deserved it. specially when me and my brother would come back from the renosance (sp?) fair, cause we would always buy wooden swords and battle like it was 1820....until something broke and the parrents got home! i had the yardstick broke over my ass. they even turned it the narrow way hahaha
98crewcab   +1y
Sorry to hear about the kid....I have raised three, some go over board at that age, due to hormonal changes...
You should take his act very serious, The police might think you are the abuser and haul you off if they see your wifes face....
hopefully it will pass and he will settle down, have to be careful cause he could unleash his anger towards others (girlfriends,his future wife,friends,classmates,strangers) some who will not be so nice to him. contact you medical professional with this problem.

..."dam teenagers" is my favorite saying.....
raymondsage   +1y
Not to justfy what he did but i remember when i was that age and felt like the whole world was against me and had all this rage inside of me. I distroyed alot of things in my path, never hit anyone but i found that if i was left alone i would get over what ever was eating me up that day. I eventually grew out of that stage and turned out ok.... my parents were very patient of me growing up. now we just laugh about it.

Good luck to you and your wife
huskerdually   +1y
Kids that age have a lot of pressure on them. Some don't know how to release it and it just builds up. I know my 13 year most times he's great never a problem. But some days he's just mouthie, rude, disrespectful and mean to his brother and sister. Then the next day he's fine, couldn't ask for a better kid.

Unfortunately it sounds like you got some real problems and need to get him some professional help. Beating his ass, like some suggested, even if legal wouldn't help. He'd just see violence as being appropriate. I'm not saying corporal punishment isn't warranted in certain cases. I would take everything away from him, sell it off to pay for the damages to the room and your wife. Not let him do a dang thing till he himself repaired all the damage done to his room.

Oh and I'd kick him in the face to see how he likes it.
huskerdually   +1y
Here's an example of bad parenting in my book.

4 of the basketball players spiked their gatorade bottles with vodka for the bus ride home. They got caught and suspended. For 1 of the kids he got mip twice last year, and he is only a sophmore this year. At our school you get caught with alcohol 3 times your done with sports for the rest of high school. His parents are transferring him to another school so he can play sports again. WTF . I also want to know how these kids where going to get home, it doesn't bother his parents he was going to get in his car and drive home?
jcampbell1180   +1y

Your Dad sounds awesome.
jcampbell1180   +1y

LMAO!!! I totally got a visual from