were is everyone getting there uniballs

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 1815
replies 23
following 12

riddinlow99   +1y
thanks for all the help guys ill give kartek a call monday<!--session data-->
Just_Robert   +1y

Kartek was $50 cheaper than anyone else on my shocks! I think his name was Rob who took care of me!
TwistedMinis   +1y
Rob Mark and Chris have all been very helpful for me at Kartek. And their retail prices are actually pretty good.
tacomaon24s   +1y
Edited: 3/11/2010 10:23:47 AM by tacomaon24s

i get the bearing from fk and the rest i have made local i have a round 75 dollars in&nbsp;each one&nbsp; my cost i sell for 100 each misalignments and all. Full chromoly bearing cup and stainless steel misalignment spacers.
e10pvmt   +1y
so i got mine in from ballistic and 3 of the 4 misalignment spacer slide in fine with the 4th going to need some persuasion.....the uniball cups and bearings are definitley a press fit...not sure if that is supposed to be that way or if the cup expands after welding but i am going to have to do some work to get them in.....we will see if it was worth saving $100
TwistedMinis   +1y
That press fit thing was apparently a mystery to them. I called about it because I wasn't sure, they said the cup should be the same dimension and be a slight press. As in you can do it with a rubber mallet or a vice. So I tried it but no go. So I took them out and measured. The cup was .005" smaller. So I cut it on the lathe until they where .001" under and pressed them together. After I welded them to my arms they went oval a bit (about .002") and wouldn't fit easily again. I just pressed them together, but it turned out to be a pain. It marked up the cup and I couldn't get it to start straight. I finally got one in, but I never assembled the second one because of this issue. These cups are the reason I am building new control arms. I went with Kartek cups, and the fit is great. They are the same size, and fit together snug and install with good hand pressure, no press needed. And they don't have any slop when installed into the cup. I feel like that is how they should fit. I also got a welding slug for the Kartek cups, to use in my fixture but also absorb heat while welding to them.
e10pvmt   +1y
so i should just suck it up and get the cups from kartek? your saying they are the same dimensions and these bearings will fit in those cups right?
TwistedMinis   +1y
I'm not sure. Kartek lists that FK and Aurora bearings fit in their cups. I would assume QA1 are the same size, but I'm not entirely sure.&nbsp;The cups from Kartek are not much more, I think $20 or so versus what $12? It doesn't add much to the cost. The FK bearings are more expensive, and the Kartek misalignment spacers are more. But the machining quality on the spacers is far superior. I feel like Ballistics machining quality has dropped off a little bit from when I first started ordering from them.&nbsp; I have had to de bur, file, and even cut down several spacers I got from them within the last 6-8 months. I was pretty turned off by the fact that I had to modify them. Once I got a hold of some Kartek ones though, I will never go back. I like the look of the Karteks better too. Some of their spacers are more, like the 1" to 9/16" that does 40 degrees each way that I got, they are like $14-15 at wholesale (not sure on the percentage I get), so I would imagine that they are around $20 retail. That adds up quick, but their smaller spacers are very competitive in price.
pimptruckman92   +1y

i found these after doin some searching&nbsp;http://www.offroad-engineering.com/uniballkit.html&nbsp;and emailed Kartek for some prices on theirs to see if they're comparable. But when it comes down to ordering it&nbsp;I might go with TacomaOn20s because thats what I'm wanting, stainless misalignments and a complete kit so&nbsp;I know it all&nbsp;works together. Seth&nbsp;I was just about to ask you if you have seen the slugs for the uniball cups found on karteks site.
tacomaon24s   +1y

i have spent alot of time inigning the cups i sell and th misalignment. the cups i make and spacers are setup to both bottom out at the same time per side as the other cups i found bottom out on the non clip side in return you lose some degree in the setup. i can go lower on the price if you buy more then 2 if you get 4 i can do them for around 65 each.