threads
Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  FBSS Mazda start to finish?

FBSS Mazda start to finish?

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 1430
replies 4
following 4

himynameischance   +1y
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but had a couple questions. I've done alot of research and looked at a lot of build ups but I haven't found much on fully laying out a Mazda b2200. I know you almost have to z the frame up front but I was wondering if anyone had any pointers, or could tell me what all I would need to buy and be ready for? I would much rather go with bolt on as I am not a welder. Does anyone besides airbagit make a bolt on 4 link for a b2200? What needs channeled? Trimmed? Thanks!
Rob Clayhill   +1y
Well for starters, you don't have to Z these trucks to lay even up front. The front crossmember will leave you roughly 1/2" from being flat but you can either drag most of this difference off the crossmember or fab a new one. As far as bolt on stuff, I have no knowledge of any bolt on bag parts specific to mazda B trucks and the front you will need a torsion style bag bracket setup that will need to be welded on. As far as channeling and trimming goes, its just your usual stuff like the shock mounts, bump stops inner fenders and tubbing the firewall up front... for the rear you will have to trim the bed floor, notch the frame, possibly relocate the fuel tank and im sure im missing some stuff. Do yourself a favor and buy a decent welder and practice for months if you have to until you learn to weld properly then you can do the work yourself and know it's done right.
Rob Clayhill   +1y
I've got a bagged and body dropped b2200 that im currently workling on in my build log here that you can look at if you would like.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Why is there an ask max section still? Has he logged in the past 5 years once?
himynameischance   +1y
Thanks for your help Rob! I will check that out now. Ive got a busy busy work schedule right now so i would like to find a decent one already bagged and otherwise stock that I could drive and enjoy and slowly work on. I just haven't found one near me that isn't hacked up. Thanks again!

Page 1 of 1