Page 4 of 18
Build-Ups \  1st gen crew cab bd with 87 grand national drivetrain GPC

1st gen crew cab bd with 87 grand national drivetrain GPC

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 10318
replies 170
following 56

drivewaycustoms   +1y

good Idea on using the front doors on the back.
onelowrov   +1y

hey thanks everyone for the positive feedback. my bros been postin pics of my build up here cause im computer illiterate and dont have much time to get on it due to workin at the shop daily after work till sometimes midnight or later like tonight. heres some brief info about and behind this build. i always thought this type of build would be sick due to my love of first gens, crew cabs n grand nationals(w this build id have the best of all worlds). for the past 11 years or so i been rollin a first gen x cab long bed as a daily and almost a couple years ago was plannin  on body droppin it n droppin in the gn drive train. not wantin to regret what i was bout to build i started takin measurements off my bros blazer and a random std cab to see if i could make this happen(especially since ive never done any ext sheet metal work b4) i drew up a scale drawing of the 2 cabs together and really started thinkin bout doin it. i was tellin a buddy of mine bout it and he said he was interested in my other truck n thats what got the ball rollin.i bought the 2 donors little over a year ago and slowly started accumulatin parts. me and my buddy matt  started the project in dec and work on it up to 4 nights a week after work. because of all the research n plannin there has been no hold ups yet till tonight. we have the body over the frame and r puttin the gn motor in and things r pretty tight. but well figure it out, we always do. just as weve done many of times w the blazer. so off to bed to get ready for another day. thanks again for all the comments. ill try to check the computer when i get home from the shop nightly. if you got any ?s, shoot n ill try to respond. n my bro will get more pics up soon to show up till where we r now which is further then the pics we have on here so far. thanks again
marcus760   +1y
sick cant wait to see more pics
FireCrotch   +1y
that looks sick guys!  My buddy was building a 4 door first gen, but sold it to Ceasar.  He actually works like 10 minutes from your shop over at RDP Motorsports in Painsville
ram1500   +1y
that is gonna be one bad ass bitch when its done. be lookin for it and the blazer too ....dropt out maybe?
post photo
innovationbydesign<&gt   +1y
Looks bad ass!!nWhere did you get those frame rails from?
onelowrov   +1y

thanks fc, thats a hell of a coincidence,  ceaser was just at the shop tellin me bout that last week. that rdp does some bad ass builds n there just a couple exits away. bd thanks also and well def see u  at dnd if not a few other shows! ng i appreciate the comment, we desined the rails and a local metal shop ( kottler metals) bent em up for us. thanks again for the compliments. got any more ?s, just ask n ill get back w u asap. new pics comin soon! peace out
FireCrotch   +1y
never thought id see so many badass trucks coming out of northeast ohio
FireCrotch   +1y
are you guys cutting out the bedfloor?  I'm doing a raised bed floor in my ranger but i want to use the bedfloor from an s10 with the stock tubs..and am still in search of one
Fatty   +1y
No we are leaving the floor and doing a cut out with a cover.