Creative Writing-

General Discussion
views 2015
replies 23
following 12

jcampbell1180   +1y
I love little exercises like this-

A guy I work with asked me the following question the other day:

Suppose you woke up tomorrow and something wonderful happened. You woke up, and for whatever reason, you were financially set for life. You won the Lottery, found out Bill Gates just died and you were his only living relative, found a magic lamp with a Genie inside, whatever. Point is you now have an endless supply of cash.

What would you do?

I thought it would make an interesting point of discussion.
jcampbell1180   +1y
I’m not the kind of guy (at least I’d like to think) that would blatantly flaunt it. I think the changes I’d make would be major in lifestyle, but relatively modest in terms of materialism…if that makes any sense.

First and foremost, I’d set my parents up so that my Dad can retire. He got burned a few years back when his construction company went under. He’s in his early 50’s now and working as a Superintendent for a General Contractor. The money’s good, but not nearly as good as it was. Their original plan was to retire early and travel. They love RV'ing. My Mom has M.S., so they want to travel as much as they could while my Mom is able to do so. I'd hook them up with a top of the line Montana 5th wheel and a [url=://haulerworld.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/trucks1207_013.339132156_std.jpg&imgrefurl=:&tbnh=107&tbnw=143&ei=SaitSIqIJJ2kiAGo0p2kDg&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgmc%2B4500%2Bhauler%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3DSUNA,,:p1pchqr0] GMC 4500 Hauler and tell 'em to get the hell outta town. (Come to think of it...I'll take one, too)

Then, I’d get out of California. Not positive where I’d go, but it likely would be in the western half of the U.S., and up in elevation. Sierra Nevada’s maybe. I just want to live somewhere with trees and creeks and lakes where I could buy a butt-load of land and build a [url=,%20co.] custom log home where there’s nobody withinin earshot to bug me. 70-100 acres sounds about right.

My girls like horses, so I’d build a nice raised center isle barn and riding arena for them. That’d be cool. Myself? I’d like to build an [url=http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/gwj/northriver/recreation/shooting_ranges/images/west_side_rifle_range6w.] outdoor gun range. 40-50 yards for handguns and a rifle range that’s at least 100-200 yards.

I’d love to live “off the grid
huskerdually   +1y
I'd move next door to you with all my white trash kin folk.
jcampbell1180   +1y
I'd construct my rifle range to use your single wide as the backstop.
huskerdually   +1y
Oh I'd move up to a double wide.
jcampbell1180   +1y
Your double wide is no match for my .308.

You will not be an issue for me for long. A minor blip on my radar of peace and tranquility.
skidrow   +1y
i would move right next to husky biuld a huge shop and have partys evry weekend
jcampbell1180   +1y
Oh well, a hunded acres of woods will be a great buffer.
skidrow   +1y
i would home steed your proprty by incroching on it a little at a time and sound traveles so good in the woods

love ya man
onefasthoagie   +1y
that s1900 is down the road from me