Page 3 of 3
Hydraulic Suspensions \  Rear Cylinder Location

Rear Cylinder Location

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 1087
replies 24
following 10

mindlissmetalfab   +1y
That looks pretty good...do you have to ditch the pump rack for that though?  You'd need to beef up the floor mounts on that and probably have reinforcing plates on the bottom side with the same bolt pattern.
tre5   +1y

Mount the pivot as high on the cylinder as possible. That is why I was saying to do a bent tube. I would make the plates bolt through both sides of the rail, so they would be 4-6" wide (probably do a square also, just to get more surface area.) I don't have the pivots here, so I am not sure how big they are, but a rough guess is 2.5" round.
artsar   +1y

In the rendering I did the cylinders to high, this is probobly closer to what it would be.  And yes Joel the pump rack is kinda useless now. I may be able to salvage it, but that means seperating it into 2 pieces. Kinda sucks, but I gotta get it working. Down  Up  Again not 100% accurate (the wheels are to far back on the swing arm bar) but I feel it gives the general idea. I figure once I get the plates from joel to square up my rear swing arm I will start to draw this up. I will more than likely do it in 2 pieces. the center rack and then the swing arm brackets. I figure it may cost me more in shipping, but atleast it will work. But generally this is the idea I should be going with?
post photo
post photo
tre5   +1y
like I said, put the pivots up higher and make the plate cover the entire width of the frame rail so you have attachment on both sides. quick drawing...

post photo
artsar   +1y

ok. I think the first order of business is the square the rear end, then figure out the lower mounts and once I have those in and the holes cut I will finalize the in trunk mount. Thanks