threads
Page 3 of 3
Ask A Pro \  heims vs poly bushings vs super pivots vs jimmy joints for a ranger

heims vs poly bushings vs super pivots vs jimmy joints for a ranger

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 2429
replies 27
following 11

unusualfabrication   +1y
The cone spacers just allow the heim to pivot to the edge of the heim body. The high misalignments slip inside the eye and allow the body to go past the bearing of the hiem giving you more misalignment.
automatik23   +1y

im not mounting on the radius arm either. thanks for the bolt size james. i talked to a guy at ballistic fab today and he said he could sell me the QA1 heims with high misalignment spacers and i would have a 2 inch mounting width if i went with a 7/8 bore and 7/8 thread size which would give me the choice of spacers to run a 3/4, 9/16, or 5/8 bolt...would this work for what im doing? i know 7/8 is a little than 3/4 so thats why im asking because this will give me the mounting width i need. for eich rod end im lookin at 30 bucks each spacer is 8 and the weld in bungs start at 13 bucks and go up 1 dollar per size....so im looking at roughly 120 bucks plus tax and shipping which is a much better price than 2 jimmy joints for 200 not including anything else.
automatik23   +1y

is that a good deal and whats going to be better for my application, nylon, teflon or something
tuckinlugs06   +1y
how much are these ..

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by pugzwow those are really high for that size joint.  check out www.ballisticfabrication.com they have some bad ass ends and joint for much better pricing. mine are 1/2 that price up there and are much bigger......... might be a lil overkill for a mini but owell....   ---------------------------------------------
post photo
83LOWrange   +1y

so your gonna mount your bag on your beam? what size bag and tire do you plan on running?
automatik23   +1y

im running slam re7 front and re8 rear. its not exactly gonna be on the beam or the bag, im gonna do a cantilever onto a custom made radius arm....i have 245/35/20 dunlop sp sportmaxx tires, id post pix if i could figure the fuckin thing out
83LOWrange   +1y

WOW... well if you want you can email them to me, and i can post em for ya, or just go to photobucket sign up, upload the pics then copy and paste the image URL here... do you have a myspace? any pics online? id love to see i thought about taking my radius arm off completely and running a parrallel 4link, but i can get my fender to 24 3/4" probably to 25" if i wanted to, so i clear enough to run the tire i want. what backspace/offset wheel are you running and how wide up front?
automatik23   +1y

pm me with your email address and ill try to get u some pix. yeah i have a myspace...i dont have any real recent pics but i should somewhat soon....myspace.com/automatik23 i dont remember the backspacing on my wheels but the front tires are 9 inches wide...i havent made the radius arms yet but i have them drawn out so ill take a picture of the piece of paper theyre on