threads
Page 2 of 3
Ask A Pro \  heims vs poly bushings vs super pivots vs jimmy joints for a ranger

heims vs poly bushings vs super pivots vs jimmy joints for a ranger

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 2428
replies 27
following 11

unusualfabrication   +1y
You can get them from several places over the net. As for a site that gives you the dimensions with misalignment spacers, I'm not sure. You can probably find measurements for each individually off different sites and add them all together for your total width. You could also get the heim joints you need and hav e spacers made for your specific application.
automatik23   +1y

thats what im trying to do but its not workin so well considering ive never bought heims before and i dont kow of anywhere locally i could go to haha...what size heim would you recommend?
unusualfabrication   +1y
What size is the bolt that goes though the I-beam mount to chassis? Is there room to use a larger bolt if needed?
automatik23   +1y

i believe the head of the bolt was 13/16 but possibly 3/4 and yea i have a little more room  for a larger bolt if necessary but not much
unusualfabrication   +1y
If its a 3/4" bolt then all you need is a heim with a 3/4" eye in it. I use 3/4" shank, 3/4" eye heim joints in alot of my 4-links.
automatik23   +1y

ok cool. thanks for the help i appreciate it
unusualfabrication   +1y
If you need more travel (misalignment) you will have to run a smaller bolt and the high misalignments that fit inside the heim or a larger heim (eye) with high misalignment to reduce it down to a 3/4" eye. I'm not sure if I'd run a smaller bolt and I don't know how much room you have for larger heim joints. If you don't need all the travel you can just run cone spacers on each side.
automatik23   +1y

what exactly would a cone spacer do and how much motion would i lose by doing that? the misalignment spacers basically just have a lip that slides into the heim joint eye correct? so basically if i butt 2 of them up to  eachother that will give me the mounting width right?
bodydropped85   +1y

the bolt that goes through the beam is metric, its a 13mm i beleive.
83LOWrange   +1y

im currently going through the same ordeal as you my fender laid out is 14" off the ground. at "max" lift i get to 24.75" with dominator 2600s on the beams. im not doing bags on the radius arms cause its takes just as much PSI or more to lift it and i heard it doesnt ride as good im putting 3/4" heims on the radius arms. but i dont see a reason to change the beam ends? why bother james? what would it prevent or help? the poly bushing will wear out eventually i understand, but so will a heim joint. the main one is the radius arm... both will only articulate as much as the bag lifts...