Page 12 of 14
Dodge Trucks \  76 D200 Crew Cab Rebuild NEW PICS 2/16/11

76 D200 Crew Cab Rebuild NEW PICS 2/16/11

Dodge Trucks Make Specific
views 10748
replies 133
following 52

bigmike@gauge   +1y
Going to pickup the new engine & trans this weekend. Should then finally have the rest of pieces to finish frame for powdercoat.
bigmike@gauge   +1y
Got the new engine & trans picked up last weekend.

post photo
post photo
bigmike@gauge   +1y
Edited: 1/23/2011 10:59:49 PM by BigMikeAtGauge

Some updated pics. Cab mounts started. Located some busings to fit the rear shock crossmember. There will be a 1" solid sway bar running thru this crossmember.

We built a trans crossmember but that will be thrown out since I scored the newer motor. This weekend we actually got the frame down from the table and moved the table back to the barn until the next time its needed. Table cleared off and ready to be relocated. The following pictures have lots of Indiana Farm Boy Engineering You Have Been Warned. And finally the table in its resting position until next time.

And now the frame rest on its temperary stands. In the next couple weeks Id like to get he new engine mocked in and rack and pinion setup.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
bigmike@gauge   +1y
Well not a huge update but I have made a littl mor progress since the last update.

Stock motor mounts removed

Playing with airtank and fuel cell locations

Rear axle mocked together for brake setup

disc setup. GM Calipers, Speedway motors bracket, 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee rotors.

Ended up with a rack n pinion our of a 2000 Ford Ranger 4x4. Took a while to find the right inner pivot width but finally ended up with this wich should work perfect.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
bigmike@gauge   +1y
Sat the engine in to start looking at how low I could get it in the frame. It should set much lower ang further back in the frame than the stock drivetrain.

this will give you a idea of how much farther back and longer the new engine & trans are than the old one

And the begining of the rear sway bar arms.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
MATT2006   +1y
Yes!! Keep going!
fknlowjeep   +1y
You've made a assload of progress since the last time i checked this out! I better pick up the pace, lol.

Nice work brother!
tattedfordguy   +1y
This build is awsome keep up the good work...
bigmike@gauge   +1y
Made a little progress on the rack. When I say little I mean little bout 2 hours playin in garage. I built a jeep one week to go playin with so now my weekends have been spent in the woods. Front rails plated more and a lower crossmember noteched into for Rack & pinion to be in perfect location. Pas side platedI wont plate this side until I have the rack in perfect location. May have to tunnel top of crossmember for steering rod.

Hopefully be back on it very soon.
post photo
post photo
post photo
plyrh8r1   +1y
what kind of engine are u using?