Page 5 of 24
Build-Ups \  62 ford unibody build

62 ford unibody build

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 12734
replies 231
following 97

cheeks Sunset SD   +1y

the way the guys in down to earth drive there trucks you wouldnt know they went up.
AlexSteelsmith   +1y

This thing is goin to be badass
avs_jason   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by cheeks Sunset SDthe way the guys in down to earth drive there trucks you wouldnt know they went up.--------------------------------------------- I immediately thought of this pic...  
tre5   +1y

Are you seriously using those tabs for the bushings? You should consider getting tabs that cover the entire bushing surface.
mindlissmetalfab   +1y
Edited: 9/18/2009 10:57:00 AM by no1lowr

I was gonna say the same thing. Everything else looks sick. Does the balljoint cup not contact the spindle at all mounted from the bottom side like that though? Looks like it would be damn close when you cycle it.

i shouldve mentioned the pics im posting are of the suspension being built at ride height, they are already 4 inches into the cycle, no they do not contact the spindle, and the travel it gets is pretty rediculous with almost zero camber through the entire cycle, although the cycle will be limited once the shockwave is mounted, it does not contact the spindle now, i will post some pics this weekend so you guys can see the travel.

thanks for all the nice comments!

slammedcivicsi   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by no1lowr ya shockwaves provide plenty of lift. seriously not being lame by trying to be cool. but 3 or 4 inches is really all you ever need..we have developed the idea that if you go into a driveway and the front hits, dont air the front up, air the back down! seriously. but ya i think we will be good

--------------------------------------------- thats how I have to roll, I only get limited lift, so when I need to get onto the ferry in low tides, I just lower the rear, and get rid of any rake.
no1lowr   +1y
Edited: 9/18/2009 10:55:21 AM by no1lowr

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by tre5Are you seriously using those tabs for the bushings? You should consider getting tabs that cover the entire bushing surface. --------------------------------------------- lol no no, dont worry, there are 2 gussets for each side of each tab, so 4 gussets per bushing, 2 on the outside of each tab, we just havent put them on yet because we needed so many and the supplier didnt have as many as we needed, everything up there is just tacked in place right now anyway. thanks though
no1lowr   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by iLLblazer   I was gonna say the same thing. Everything else looks sick. Does the balljoint cup not contact the spindle at all mounted from the bottom side like that though? Looks like it would be damn close when you cycle it.

---------------------------------------------

i shouldve mentioned the pics im posting are of the suspension being built at ride height, they are already 4 inches into the cycle, no they do not contact the spindle, and the travel it gets is pretty rediculous with almost zero camber through the entire cycle, although the cycle will be limited once the shockwave is mounted, it does not contact the spindle now, i will post some pics this weekend so you guys can see the travel.

thanks for all the nice comments!

mindlissmetalfab   +1y

With those control arm tabs, I dont think he was questioning if they were strong enough, but that the tab doesnt cover the bushing surface. You should have tabs with the same radius as the bushing ends. Anyways like I said the build is looking killer. What spindles are you using?
tuckinlugs06   +1y

i dont see why poeple want so much lift isnt the point of laying something out is to lay it flat on the ground not have the ass end lift 6 feet more then the front..all u need is the clear the tires and on soem you dont even need to untuck the tire to turn..i know with my 4x4 front fenders i can turn real low ..and the only times i ever lift my truck is to load it or bust a u turn and thats about it oh and pot holes but you can move around thos