accumalators and heavy vehicles

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 1067
replies 22
following 10

laynwindows   +1y

i'd say anybody that drives without shocks is a complete idiot
AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by laynwindowsi'd say anybody that drives without shocks is a complete idiot--------------------------------------------- The cylinder (with an accumulator) acts as a shock.  But thanks for your awesome opinion. 
juicedwagon   +1y

id say layinwindows doesnt know shit about hydros and should learn first, then speak.  i have a expo juiced with accumulators and no shocks and it rides great 
laynwindows   +1y

im sorry i offended you, we can cry about it together if you want. i'll admit i dont know much about hydraulics. never messed with them, but i've seen lots of things without shocks and they bounce all over they place and have a real hard time stoppin if its bumpy... just tryin to be safe
juicedwagon   +1y
Edited: 12/8/2009 9:08:28 PM by h22wagon

no you didnt offend. just when you get a chance to ride in a truck/car that has accumulators just check it out and see for yourself. i have riden in bagged trucks with no shocks and agree that shocks are very needed but with the accumulators on hydros the fluid transfer does more then you would think.  sorry if i offended you before dude.
shvdass   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by AON-4PumpedCLIt's not a good idea to literally 'solid' mount the cylinder since it will need to move slightly through the suspension range.  I'd a powerball (or heim) on the lower control arm, a threaded sleeve to fine tune the cylinder height, followed by a donut welded (or bolted) into the factory upper spring perch.  It'll ride amazing with accumulators...no need for springs or shocks.  Plus, without a coil, you won't get any rattling or squeeking.  I have straight accumulators on my 6500 lb Nissan Armada with no problems and a great ride.

---------------------------------------------Thats what I was thinking by solid mount but thanks for clearing that up.  I am planning to get one of the hydroholics kits, since the car is about 4500-5000 lbs, do I need the 2 pump 4 dump kit?  I am mainly interested in ride and reliability.  Can you please explain the battery setup?  I want as few as possible but still want it as fast as a 3/8 bag kit (for an example).  If I ran 24v can I use the same 2 batteries or do i need 2 per pump?Thanks for the information guys, it is greatly appreciated.
tre5   +1y

you can run all of the batteries to both pumps, no need for batteries dedicated to a simgle pump.  
AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y
I'd say 3 batteries would be a good speed for your car. 
shvdass   +1y

Allright 3 batteries it is, what kind of batteries?  I dont want to skimp out, but it will probably only be driven a few times a week at most.  I also dont care how they look. 
AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y
Any deep cycle marine batteries with 600CCA's or higher.  Costco/Sears/Autozone specials will work fine.  Of course more expensive batteries have their perks, but not totally necessary.