Page 2 of 5
Hydraulic Suspensions \  --Daily Dragger-- 2's & 4's on Hydros

--Daily Dragger-- 2's & 4's on Hydros

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 1640
replies 41
following 23

societyoutkast   +1y

think it looks sik bro props on doin something dif other than the normal set ups.... and i love how every builder now has to have a reason on why they are doin it this way from kids that do not fab for a living
j mohawk   +1y

post photo
stickboy   +1y
thats cool, and the setup is cleaner then it use to be, didnt like the setup sticking higher than the bed. looks nice.
Sweet_85_C10   +1y

Very Nice Clean work you dont see too many minis anymore doing hydros and doing a clean job at making sure quality is there. What type of cylinders are you using for that canti setup.

j mohawk   +1y
the cylinders are an old set of prohoppers.. im gonna get all new ones here shortly
jucieddime00   +1y

why 48 volts? and why so many solinoids?
j mohawk   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by jucieddime00why 48 volts? and why so many solinoids? ---------------------------------------------   Its normal to run 3 solenoids per pump for the voltage and amperage the pump draws..as for the 48 volts. orginally i wanted to run 2 banks of 24v but it wasn't enough to lift the front, so im running 48 till i change the pivots on the front suspension
obey   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by stickboyi dont get the canty on with the hydros? dont you already get crazy lift with cylinders? why the need for the canty setup?  looks like a bunch of unecessary parts,  what are the advantages of this set up? just asking, i dig it just dont really understand the reasoning.---------------------------------------------Im pretty sure another advantage would be that the cantilever puts extra weight on the cylinders, when added with the accumulators, should make for a better ride then straight over the axle. I think =)
jucieddime00   +1y

oh i only run one solinoid per pump and ive had mine set up like that for 2 years and never stuck one...why wouldnt 24v lift the front seems kinda strange
sicsan   +1y

should just run 2 solenoids a pump.  i run 3 but mines a 76 volt system with big batteries. if you use a reguale marine it takes alot of power away to open the 3rd solenoid. if you wanted some speed on it since your doing the one bank 48v take 2 solenoids off it will be faster. or do 2 bank 24 v with 2 solinoids. it will life front faster.  as far as slow downs i bet yoiu dot them all most closed were it want drop rapid?  i did a cantilever one time about 10 years ago and for got to turn the slowdown down damn thing busted bottom of the bed when ifellll.lol            i like the hardlines and all but im not much os a cantilever fan. like that guy said looks like bunch of unnessary parts to me. but thats my opinion. just glad to see one more truck didnt end up with them faggot bags.. try the solenoid thing though it will work alot better.