Page 1 of 2
Dodge Trucks \  EVAP issues on a 02 bagged ram

EVAP issues on a 02 bagged ram

Dodge Trucks Make Specific
views 1063
replies 12
following 4

KRZYTRN02   +1y
 im at my wits end bought a bagged ram had an 18 gallon fuel cell already installed where the gas tank use to be . first threw a code for large evap leak, pulled the bed off found the dumb ass never sealed the sending unit so got it all cleaned up sealed tight . now i have another code po441 cant purge the system . im lost dont know what else to do anyone else have this problem when they put a fuel cell in ?
thacru78   +1y

I'm codeless...still have all the emissions and a 28 gallon fuel cell...Welcome to the Dodge world...get used to it.
flat4vw4life   +1y
Edited: 5/26/2009 9:28:24 PM by flat4vw4life

MIL on P0441 : 71 : EVAP PURGE FLOW MONITOR: purge solenoid mounting  Insure the Purge solenoid is not mounted upside down if thats not it give me the last 9 of the vin and i can investigate more i work at a dodge dealer ship

thacru78   +1y

Hey I gotta question for ya then....my abs light is on...they told me that it was because my emergency brake light is on...cause I don't have an e-brake...also my airbag light is on because I don't have either airbag in the truck. Is there a way to cut a wire sensor or pull a bulb to get them to turn off...flash the computer...or something. My abs still works perfectly...so I believe them on the ebrake deal. THanks for the help...

Jance Customs   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by thacru78Hey I gotta question for ya then....my abs light is on...they told me that it was because my emergency brake light is on...cause I don't have an e-brake...also my airbag light is on because I don't have either airbag in the truck. Is there a way to cut a wire sensor or pull a bulb to get them to turn off...flash the computer...or something. My abs still works perfectly...so I believe them on the ebrake deal. THanks for the help...

---------------------------------------------On my 2000 I just clipped the factory led bulb for the air bag. If that is not an option for you, then remove your cluster and get a black piece of vinyl and overlay it over the air bag location. I can't remember where your air bag light is on your cluster? Basically just block out the light or cover the bulb
KRZYTRN02   +1y

purge solenoid mounted  vac lines on top and plug on the lower side. got underneath the truck they had drug  threw the charcoal canister and bent the bracket up into the cab replaced the canister bent the bracket down so the lines werent crimped  theres another solenoid next to it . wondering if thats my problem child . its the only thing i havent changed out or looked at .
KRZYTRN02   +1y

last 9 on the vin are 92g187476 its an 02 5.9 auto trans
flat4vw4life   +1y

krztrn02 im tryn to figure out you problem hope fully i will have something tomarow  thacru78 the e brake could not turn the abs light on just the red brake light if it is just the brake lite there is a sensor where the park brake was just un plug that if it is the abs light try to get me the fault code and i will look it up     and for the airbag light is the rest of the system there like sensor and wires and stuff if you took all that out you would need to just pull out the cluster and remove the bulb be very careful you could fuck up you cluster if all the other bs is there and you just took out the bags them selves out you could measure the ohms threw the bags go down to radio shake and pick up resisters tha match the bag then just jump the conecter that would plug in to the bags let me know how it goes    
flat4vw4life   +1y

krztrn02 how long ago did you replace the canister and bend the bracket back cause if was just resently and you havent driven it very much the problem could be fixed but it just hasnt done an evap test yet it could take like 40 to 50 miles of constant driving for the pcm to run the test or you could just disconect the batery for like 5min or so drive it and see if it comes back on let me know

Jance Customs   +1y

I relocated the evap canister on my frame to under my bed on my 2000 Ram. I don't have bags but I hated it hanging below the frame. It cost me about $25 to relocate it by the time I extended the hoses and made the brackets for it.