Page 1 of 2
Audio/Video \  park bypass on in dash dvd

park bypass on in dash dvd

Audio/Video Q & A
views 608
replies 13
following 11

LndRanger86   +1y
i am installing a in dash dvd this week . never put one in before , and was wondering how to bypass the park only feature. it only plays dvd in park. how can i bypas it to work all the time? its a clarion 6.5 double din in dash. thanks
lwrlvl   +1y

The wire from the stereo that go's to the parking brake you can just run it to a on/off witch to ground.  On mine you have to sitch it to on then off then on agian same as pushing the parking brake on/off/on but you can still drive.

LndRanger86   +1y

i got ya. thanks

artsar   +1y

if you get lucky, like i did, just hooking it up to a ground will work. I have an inline switch, but it turned out it didn't make a difference.

CalvinRollin720   +1y
dual and jensen you'll need a switch.. clarion im not sure but juss hide the switch .. and like  lwrlvl said you will have to switch on-off-on then it will take about 3 seconds to come on...

SuperBad706   +1y
I got a Sony and its works fine with the brake wired to ground
LndRanger86   +1y

thanks . we'll see around thursday.

ShakinPlates   +1y

Pretty sure you can just ground the brake wire on Clarion's

LowXpectations91   +1y

you can skip all that, no ground, no switch...its illegal but i knew a guy who worked at best buy and he had access to all the bypass codes to every in dash...and he jus typed it in and good to go..so if you kno sumbody who can get that...its definately worth it.... because even your ground is illegeal off the parking brake