Page 3 of 4
Ask A Pro \  Right Hand Drive ? on a 1st Gen Blazer

Right Hand Drive ? on a 1st Gen Blazer

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 4746
replies 30
following 23

drivewaycustoms   +1y
I saw a postal van today and decide to get a better look underneath.it looked a lot like a Blazer frame;gas tank looked the same,front of the leaf springs were outside the frame,and the wheelbase was about the same.I couldn't get an accurate meausurement because the mailman showed back up and was giving me funny looks.
slash   +1y
Yeah, I have looked at a few postal trucks in the area... the best that I can tell, the smaller trucks are based off a ford explorer suspension

I saw a couple of the medium sized trucks that may actually be the chevy chassis, unfortunately for me, they were pulling out of the post office as I was looking
blazins10   +1y
i work on mail truck once in awhile for the city and when the next one comes in ill post up the vin
slash   +1y
Originally posted by blazins10

i work on mail truck once in awhile for the city and when the next one comes in ill post up the vin

you are my hero! LOL... I appreciate it, that'll help a bunch
cajuntaco   +1y
I know this is old, but the Right Hand Drive box for an S-10 is AC-Delco Part number 360517589.  This is the RHD box for a Chevrolet LLV (mail truck).  I believe it should work.
FarFromFactory   +1y

hey man i work in a bodyshop for a living and do custom work at home ive work on some mail trucks and alot of them use s-10 truck frames that would be the easyest rought i think cause alls u would have to do is notch your right front frame rail for the steering box and basically bolt it on. go to your local post office and talk to them about who does there maintnance on the trucks. u might talk to who ever does that and see were there is some parts vehicles laying around . i know there s-10 truck frames cause i had one on the frame rack the other day and had to use s-10 frame specs for the frame.
ryan3500   +1y
i have a rhd chevy silverado which uses the original steering box, i can post some pictures if you want?
bodydroppedon20   +1y

id like to see the pics 
ryan3500   +1y
will take photos tomorrow and put up, quite easy conversion steering box wise. just some cutting and grinding!
jahfar   +1y

I have 2 RHD trucks project6pack and a 4 runner.  I am running  rear steer units from a 4X4 on both of them and it is great, you can get them from flamin river power or manual. All you have to do is make a cradle for it to bolt to and eveything else bolts right up both trucks are running MII front ends with no issuses.  Let me know if you need more info or pictures.  Jahfar