threads
Page 2 of 2
Audio/Video \  How many speakers and what size?

How many speakers and what size?

Audio/Video Q & A
views 1207
replies 13
following 9

blazins10   +1y
Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. Do any of you all know anything about center channel speakers? Mainly what speaker wires do I run to it? Front L/R Rear L/R or what do I do?

center channels are a dedicated speaker ,u need a deck or crossover network that controls it, mostly high end decks so no u cant run it off left or right channels cause then it wouldnt be center now would it lol

karathos   +1y
There is an old school way to run a center channel. If you plan on just a basic set up, you just wire the center out of phase. Its not the best sounding center. But if you dont have the cash at the current time to upgrade to something to control a good center channel. This might hold you over till you do
shaggy_ky2001   +1y

with my truck i am going to be running 4x6 components in dash, 5 1/4 components kick panels, 6 1/2 components on rear doors, the rear speakers 6x9 unless i put JL tw5 in the roof instaed of 6x9.  subs pair 10w6, 12w6, and still deciding if i want to throw the 13w7 or stay with the w6, 3 of the JL slash 1000/1v2 
shaggy_ky2001   +1y

with my truck i am going to be running 4x6 components in dash, 5 1/4 components kick panels, 6 1/2 components on rear doors, the rear speakers 6x9 unless i put JL tw5 in the roof instaed of 6x9.  subs pair 10w6, 12w6, and still deciding if i want to throw the 13w7 or stay with the w6, 3 of the JL slash 1000/1v2