threads
Page 1 of 2
Audio/Video \  How many speakers and what size?

How many speakers and what size?

Audio/Video Q & A
views 1202
replies 13
following 9

CluCool   +1y
I already have (3) amps, (3) 10" subs, and (2) 8" subs in my reg cab truck. I have plenty of bass.

I am thinking of getting (2) 4-channel amps and running either (4) 6-1/2" components with (4) tweeters in a custom mount in each of my 2 doors of my truck. So that would be a total of (4) 6-1/2" component sets in my truck.

Would (2) 6-1/2" component sets with (2) 5-1/2" component sets be better than (4) 6-1/2" sets?

Or.... would a 5-1/2" set with (2) 6-1/2" sets and a pair of 6x9's sound better?

Or is 4 sets of components just too much.
wickedinsides   +1y
makes no sense... im very confused
bagd2kf150   +1y
do like 2 sets of 5.25in the doors with tweets, 6.5in the kick panel with tweets and tweets in the a-pillar. Run a pair in the back panel with a 6db drop for rear fill. run either a strong 2 channel or a very strong 4 channel.
neurotic   +1y
I would say run components no matter what they sound better then 6x9's. plus you got 8s for some mid bass. 2 sets of componets will be loud thats for sure. I would say run a set of each 5 1/2 & 6 1/2 or 2 sets 6 1/2. Where do you plan on placing your mids at? DO you have any pics of your setup now with teh subs and such also?
CluCool   +1y
Edited: 8/28/2008 5:29:38 AM by CluCool

I am actually thinking of running 2 sets of 5-1/2" and 2 sets of 6-1/2"

A total of 4 speakers per door. I am saving my kick panels for another days project. The current plan is to cram 4 speakers per door.

I am just worried it might be to much highs/mids.

I like your idea Rob Carnagey putting a tweeter in the a pillar and a tweeter in the rear pillar with a 6db drop.

Justin all my subs are "hidden" The 10's are all facing the rear wall I have a 10 behind each seat, and a custom council with a 10 facing the rear and 2 8's facing the floor in between the seats. I wanted everything hidden so no one would know what I have and try to steal it. Not to mention getting any of my subs out would require taking the seats out and then taking the heavy fiberglass enclosures out one at a time just to get access to the subs.

bagd2kf150   +1y
In my 99 burban I ran 2 sets of 6.5s with tweets in front doors 2pr of tweets on the a-pillar, a set of 6.5 components in middle doors and 2pr of 5.25 boston acoustic ralli series in the top panel above the enclosure. those alone that high up raised my sound stage tremendously, especially with runnin 16 12s with an adjustable slotted port
CluCool   +1y
Edited: 8/28/2008 7:43:19 PM by CluCool

Sounds loud as hell rob, I want mine to be loud, but not to the whole world. I just want it to sound good to me and be able to hear all the different sounds that are going on in the music. If you all are lucky I'll revisit this thread and post some pics when its all finished.....in like 9 months

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. Do any of you all know anything about center channel speakers? Mainly what speaker wires do I run to it? Front L/R Rear L/R or what do I do?

wickedinsides   +1y
you need a head unit thats capable of doing a center channel speaker and then you need to dedicate a whole channel of an amp to it... if you want it to just be loud in the truck and not everywhere else, do a set of components in the doors, a set in the kick panels, ran off a 4channel amp and just run your rear speakers of the head unit so they are not overpowering but you still have rear fill... and you dont need that many tweeters... the tweeter that comes in the component set is enough and if you run a set of coax's, they also have a tweeter that is good enough...
karathos   +1y
You could look into a coupled componet system. They usually have a 6 1/2, 4" and a set of tweeters all running off of one crossover. This would give you a combined set of speakers, designed to work along with each other. The more you get into mix and matching speakers, The more you get into dealing with some speakers covering different freq's, having different power handling, ect. ect.
blazins10   +1y
sounds like u need to build a dash for placement
post photo
post photo