impulse   +1y
Originally posted by 72bumpside

Originally posted by iLLairgasm

whats so hard in adding 2 more bars?

axle tabs?

Oh my whatever is one to do!!
impulse   +1y
Originally posted by fatboysS1O

i dont doubt it, but im not sure Max will allow it. i dont comment on them anymore. i just knew the illcanadians would comment without a doubt. those guys have good points and are ruthless. its hilarious.

hahaha... i find that pretty funny you said that! haha.
BioMax   +1y
The first person to talk shit on this thread will be banned from my forum. Period! We CAN have an intelligent conversation without the drama.

I have posted the pros and cons so many times that I'm begining to wonder if anyone even reads them.

A well designed reverse 4-link is worse than a mediocre 2-link. At least on a 2-link the bars are facing forward. The major weak link of the 2-link is it's inability to articulate. If you want to argue that point and post pictures of your 2-link "hitting sides" then understand that the only reason that it is doing so is because something is flexing. A 2-link is a GIANT sway bar that just so happens to also be an axle and because of this it will never handle well. Again, if you are going to tell me that your truck handles great with a 2-link, you don't know what a good handling vehicle is. I will NEVER build a reverse 4-link ever again, but I might build a ladder-bar (a style of 2-link) on a muscle car someday. I would prefer to 4-link it, but that just opens a huge can of worms when it comes time for dialing it all in.

There was a 2-link/reverse 4-link bashing post in the suspension forum a little while ago, someone needs to find my list of truths on it and post it here.
CommonVan   +1y
it is all about preferance , use what works for you.
pootytang   +1y
Originally posted by iLLblazer

Originally posted by pootytang

i believe it was once said " ah yes, the two link, the only thing geometrically worse for driveline than a reverse four link" lol

Actually geometry wise the reverse 4 link is the same as a forward 4 link. Downside is most people drive forwards more than they do backwards, so the forces tend to work against you.

And a 50/50 link is definitely worse than a full reverse.

the good ol 50/50, has there ever been a practical use for that? i can't imagine you'd get any usable travel. atleast theres been two links in production vehicles at one point, i think my buddy had a 60 something chev truck and it had one stock. back to the point though the two link pictured looks hella beefy, and the four link i have has that same on the lowers and i really get no side movement without the uppers attached, but thats when its off the ground with no vehicle weight.
fatboysS1O   +1y
A few things about 2-links...

1. 2-links are not desireable on a bagged truck! Period!

2. Can they be set up to work for a daily driver that commutes to Japan every day without breaking? Yes.

3. Will a 2-link allow articulation without bending or flexing something? No. On the best 2-link, the rearend acts as an anti-sway bar.

4. Will the pinion angle stay within a tollerable working limit? Only if the travel is kept to a minimum (like less than 8 inches.)

5. A well designed 2-link can work better than a poorly designed 4-link, but a medeocre 4-link will perform far better than a perfectly designed 2-link.

6. A well designed 2-link is still better than a perfectly designed reverse 4-link.

7. Do I suggest that you spend your time building a 2-link? No.

8. If you are going to build a 2-link, should you do your homework? Yes.

9. Should you go online and tell the world how well your 2-link works just to start a debate? No.

i believe this is what Max is talking about. i put in my favs cuz it was informative and funny at the same time.
FreakwitaFro   +1y
i guess the people at Chevy need to be hung because chevy rocked pretty much a two link aka truck arm from 60-72 on their trucks. lol

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144403

these guys don't have such a strong hate for the "2 link." check it out.
KCTACO   +1y
With all due respect, its a little unfair to allow people on your forum to talk down about my 2-link when you wont allow me to defend it or be deleted if I do.
I am not mad or trying to start a fight or smack talking so please dont take it that way. Just found that to be a tad one-sided...
dssur   +1y
Originally posted by FreakwitaFro

i guess the people at Chevy need to be hung because chevy rocked pretty much a two link aka truck arm from 60-72 on their trucks. lol

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144403

these guys don't have such a strong hate for the "2 link." check it out.

that isnt a two link, its an i beam trailing arm, made super long and triangulated to prevent side to side movement and was only designed to work with minimum suspension travel. it has about as much in common with any two link on a bagged mini or fullsize as I have in common with Hannah Montana.

Self bashing is allowed, right max?