Page 1 of 8
Ask A Pro \  2 link controversy....

2 link controversy....

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 4239
replies 75
following 56

bodied b2600zx (josh)   +1y
Ok... here's the deal. With a 2 link, is it required to use a panhard or watts link, etc with the 2 link??? I had a 2 link similar to the one pictured below and i had no problems out of it. I built this one for a friends s10 and some people are sayin you HAVE to use a panhard or you will have side to side movement.

I don't see how i will get any side to side movement when this link is made out of 2.5" x 2.5" x 1/4" wall square tubing. The only deflection will come from the bushings. Which is like that with any link setup. Correct??

I asked for pics of the setup the guys were talkin about, a 2 link like mine with a panhard and the only pics i've seen have been jus 2 bars and a panhard, no connecting piece between the 2 "lower" link bars.

And wouldnt't a panhard create MORE side to side motion than having JUST a 2 link like mine?? Because as the truck lifts, the axle gets pulled over.

Thanks Max! This is my last post of the month so i hope this is enough info... If not, i guess i'll edit this post

BioMax   +1y
Essentially a 2-link is a swing arm, similar to a quad or ATC. Neither quads nor ATCs have a pannard bar, but they are also much smaller vehicles. What you are showing me will probably live without a pannard bar.

Don't take this post as me condoning the use of a 2-link though. I'm just helping out.
pootytang   +1y
i believe it was once said " ah yes, the two link, the only thing geometrically worse for driveline than a reverse four link" lol
impulse   +1y
whats so hard in adding 2 more bars?
mindlissmetalfab   +1y
Originally posted by pootytang

i believe it was once said " ah yes, the two link, the only thing geometrically worse for driveline than a reverse four link" lol

Actually geometry wise the reverse 4 link is the same as a forward 4 link. Downside is most people drive forwards more than they do backwards, so the forces tend to work against you.

And a 50/50 link is definitely worse than a full reverse.
fatboysS1O   +1y
i didnt think it would be long before the canadians chimed in. lol
HarryBalls   +1y
^^^^most of us arent driving high hp vehicles, so whats it matter??? I love my reverse 4link.....keeping the gas tank in the stock location is great.
lucky_brew   +1y
Edited: 8/26/2008 5:55:04 PM by lucky_brew

Originally posted by fatboysS1O

i didnt think it would be long before the canadians chimed in. lol

yeah, the haters will show up later! anyone wanna put a pool in on how fast this turns into a shit-talking thread? i got $5 on it. :ROTFLMAO:

fatboysS1O   +1y
i dont doubt it, but im not sure Max will allow it. i dont comment on them anymore. i just knew the illcanadians would comment without a doubt. those guys have good points and are ruthless. its hilarious.
sadexcuse4s10   +1y
never had a problem with my old 2 link or reverse 4 link. both worked well with 50hp to the wheels.