Page 3 of 4
Ask A Pro \  What's the best setup!

What's the best setup!

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 1728
replies 31
following 19

chevydime   +1y

i live in oklahoma. i think im just gonna go with a bolt on back have and bags in the front i just put 2 in. drop spindles in the front. im gonna leave the stock wheels on and probably put on 18's later dont wanna go to big cause i wanna lay frame and not have to worry about getting bigger breaks put on plus i still gotta haul stuff sometimes.
chevydime   +1y

im fixing to put my truck in the shop in a few days. I'm getting it done by a guy in the same town. he said it would take about a week to a week and a half to get it done. hes gonna do a wishbone 3-link with panhard bar, 2500lb. airbags, independent bag control, 2 viair compressors and a 5 gallon air tank, with a switchbox, and wheeltubs in the back all for $3,000. just wondering if im getting a good deal wich im sure i am and if thats about the time it should take. thanks for the help in advance

garagebuilt   +1y

i may be wrong but with a wishbone you shouldnt need the panhard bar. the panhard may make the wishbone bind depending on the length.
chevydime   +1y

thanks for that info. i also asked if i should need a battery in the bed to run the compressors and stuff off of, he said i could run everything off my battery i already have in the engine bay. i already run my amp and stuff off of it so wont it drain the juice out of it. it isnt a kinetik or optima batttery its just a plain old battery so should i upgrade to one of those or just get one and put it in the bed to run the compressors and everything off of. thank for the info guys.
chevydime   +1y

well got my truck back and this is what it looks like. let me know what u think.i think  u know what i think. cant post my pics on here file is too large go to okcminis.com its under your doing it wrong and i got fugged wish i knew how to make pics smaller to put them on here
never_done86   +1y

all i can say is wow !!!!!!!!!! who did that ?????
chevydime   +1y

guy here in town said hes gonna fix it all and do it right the way i wanted it witch he should have done in the first place but i still dont know if he still aint gonna fix all thatand do it right im gonna take it to jake at phat phabs
chevydime   +1y

i already paid him up front so aint like i can get all  my money back
Layumon22s   +1y
the part I don't get is that there are about 20384038 resources to bag an s10. You could have bolted on a kit to lay 20s in your driveway... but i think the right of passage into minitruckin is to have your ride hacked up at least once... I would seriously take this truck off the road ASAP before you kill someone when those welds just fall aparthttp://www.okcminis.com/showthread.php?t=6829
chevydime   +1y

you dont know how many times i wish i would have done that now and i was thinking about doing that but i dont really have that many tools and didnt think i would be able to run the lines cause im not sure how all that works i know i learned my lesson on this one though. next time ill be doing it myself.