Page 2 of 4
Ask A Pro \  What's the best setup!

What's the best setup!

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 1727
replies 31
following 19

Byrdman   +1y
i think your best bet is check out Suicidedoors.com, they have alot of kits for s10s, hell they specialize in the s10
Texmextukin   +1y
Best bet would be all four independent with a wishbone 3-link setup, if you want to keep your stock tank. Or run a forward triangulated four link with a fuel cell or blazer tank in between the rear frame rails. At least 5 gallons of air and a good compressor. bigger bags help with a better ride too(2600).

As for wheels you can lay an 18 with a good size tire(225/40) with some modifications to your inner fenderwells. 20's take alot more work, but you can still keep a/c. you just have to modify the blower box, along with tubbing your firewall and gettin smaller dimeter brake booster. You also have to dehump your lowers and pie-cut uppers, or just get tubular control arms.
BioMax   +1y
All good information! Thanks you guys for filling in while I was gone.

And Scott, there are mature answers on here because I won't tollerate ass-holes. Anyone is welcome to ask any question without the fear of being made fun of on my forum.

So that deserves a thanks to you all! Thank you!
chevydime   +1y
Sorry to bother with another question but i was just wondering what kind of maintanence all have to keep up with when i bag my truck and can it or will it be expensive. thanx again
disfiguredS10   +1y
If you use plastic airlines be sure to tuck them up high and away from extreme heat sources. you should be able to lay frame on a 225/35/18 up front with just spindles and bags.(inner fenders can remain intact)
HarryBalls   +1y
im not into s10's or anything but you might want to check out s10forum.com as well

i believe there is a ton of info over there
chevydime   +1y

i am about 2 months away from bagging my truck and i was just wondering if its cheaper to just buy thorbecke brothers s-10 5 link back half or just to order a kit and have it put on. if its so easy to do why dont alot of people just buy the bolt on ones.i know its about what you can do to though about customising your ride and showing off your skills.  im going to be driving mine everyday and i will have a step notch cover in my bed so you wont being seeing and fram work or the bag setup so does it really matter for me or not. i will have to have a shop do it either way as i do not have the tools to do it with or the knowledge. sorry im just trying to learn as much as i can from what i have learned from reading magazines and talking to guys in the forums. i do not know anybody personally that has a bagged truck or knows anything about them i love this culture and have been in to trucks for the past 5 years its not just a hobby that im into for a short time i plan on keeping my truck forever and being into this forever. thanks in advance for the advice and comments
chevydime   +1y

i am about 2 months away from bagging my truck and i was just wondering if its cheaper to just buy thorbecke brothers s-10 5 link back half or just to order a kit and have it put on. if its so easy to do why dont alot of people just buy the bolt on ones.i know its about what you can do to though about customising your ride and showing off your skills.  im going to be driving mine everyday and i will have a step notch cover in my bed so you wont being seeing and fram work or the bag setup so does it really matter for me or not. i will have to have a shop do it either way as i do not have the tools to do it with or the knowledge. sorry im just trying to learn as much as i can from what i have learned from reading magazines and talking to guys in the forums. i do not know anybody personally that has a bagged truck or knows anything about them i love this culture and have been in to trucks for the past 5 years its not just a hobby that im into for a short time i plan on keeping my truck forever and being into this forever. thanks in advance for the advice and comments
BioMax   +1y

It sounds like you might be best running a bolt on system to start with and ease into custom syspensions.
bill brasky   +1y

where are you located? You are looking at around 3 to 4 grand to bag your truck. That seems to be the average for most shops. Also going to a shop you are really putting yourself out there, alot of people have been screwed by janky people that either dont know what they are doing or just give up and run. But over all you are doing the right thing, asking questions.