Ask A Pro \  What's the best setup!

What's the best setup!

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 1721
replies 31
following 19

chevydime   +1y
Edited: 7/27/2008 8:57:02 PM by chevydime

Hi! I'm new here and to the truck seen. I have a 02' chevy s-10 ext.cab. I want to bag it. I drive my truck everyday. So i was wondering what kind of setup i should get and how much it will cost me. I want to be able to ride comfotably also. and is it better to have an independent bag setup than front to back and what would be the biggest wheel size i can run without losing my a/c. or would it be cheaper or better to use hydrolics instead of airbags. does anybody know if its better or not. thank u 4 your time.
lucky_brew   +1y
i heard a two link was the best!

sorry - i had to do it!
granth   +1y
I think 20's can be worked with stock AC and all that, but IMO 18's look best on s10's. You can have some tire on it as well, not rubber bands. Either run a triangulated 4 link or a parallel 4 link or some fashion of a 3 link.
scotto79   +1y
You could go with a wishbone 3-link and keep your factory gas tank in the same location, move it up a little bit. And it would be more comfortable with an independent bag control so each corner has its own pressure. That also keeps the air from shifting sides when you turn.
granth   +1y
or run 6 valves, so air doesnt go between your two front bags.
chevydime   +1y
thanx guys i appreciate all the info.
scotto79   +1y
Its good to see only real answers here, everyone is finally being mature
stcaddad   +1y
Originally posted by notlowyet

Ya??

sorry - i had to do it!
tlw32882   +1y
Originally posted by stcaddad

Originally posted by notlowyet

Ya??

sorry - i had to do it!

that was entirety mature coming from the peace keeper!
MagicMikey   +1y
i think haveing all 4 corners is the best way to go. it rides better cause it dont feel like a boat from body roll. 2600 lb. bags help out alot on ride and useability, also dont get short link bars for the back. it creats rear stearing from body roll. i had the suicide door wish bone link and it was solid and all but i hated the short bars. I hated it enough that i bought a new link set up with longer bars. a good 3 link with a pan hard bar would be the easiest way to go with out haveing to relocate ur gas tank. but you do need to raise the gas tank up some. i like running 2 viair compressors with about 7 gallons of air. it give u pleny of air and a good recovery time. i have drove my truck as a daily up untile i took it off the road to build the frame on it and its back to the highway agin. i keep my ac with 18s untile i built the new frame for the body drop, i am not sure about 20s, but i still got my heat with it bodydroped on 20s. i figured if i was out in the truck i would have the top slid back so i kinda got slack and didnt keep the ac. i have taken my truck about 100,000 miles on air so i feel like i have some exsperence. you can ask anyone that knows me that i drive the piss out of mine. even in the turns of the mountians were i live.