Page 1 of 1
Old School Minis \  Air shocks

Air shocks

Old School Minis General Discussions
views 568
replies 8
following 8

vonlefty   +1y
I'm interested in using air shocks for a little lift on a isuzu daily driver but I have a couple questions. Where can I find air shocks for the front of my isuzu? I've been looking for awhile and haven't found anything. Also, will I need to run an extended shock mount or gusset the stock one? What would you guys use as far as valves tank and compressor? Thanks in advance for any help.
jsondrops   +1y
check out festers ranger
dawgpimp   +1y
the old school way is to trim out the upper control arm and make a longer top shock mount. you won't find a shock to fit the stock location. any autoparts store should have a gabriel or monroe book. in the back they list there shocks by size. just pick a loop/loop shock the size you want. i would use gabriel. you will need alot of pressure to lift the front. i would just use nitro. co2 is too cold. nitro is dry.

dawgpimp   +1y
by the way, your torsions are going to be working against you when you lift. as well as your leaf springs.

lucky_brew   +1y
Edited: 4/12/2008 5:08:02 PM by lucky_brew

rear wont be a prob for lift. but id run two shocks up front. its a bitch to get lift in the front with or without torsions since there is so much weight up front. some airshocks back in the day had a higher rating for more pressure / lift. might wanna check into that... i had them on my yota back in 91 or so. it worked ok but it was slow as shit up front. the inlet valve on the shock is also teeny-tiny (like that of a tire valve stem) even though you can force a shit load of psi into the shocks doesnt mean they can take it on! itd be like watering a single flower with a high pressure hose. im not sure if you can modify that air inlet to accomidate a 3/8 or something or not. just throwing some ideas out there to ya!
lucky_brew   +1y
^ that article is from an old mt mag... someone had asked me for it a few months back... glad i saved the scans!
onebrokeminitrucker   +1y
try shock warehouse.com they have them
vonlefty   +1y
Thanks for the help guys, I already have air shocks in the back but I want to try some up front. I bought the truck from a friend's dad who bought it from some guy that worked for him. I remember the truck from along time ago, it was one of the cool guy's trucks that cruised the beach back in the day, brand new and slammed on 15" boyds with crushed velvet interior and chrome fender trim. I wanted one just like it when I was 12 or 13 and now it's mine! I'm stoked, it just needs to be a little lower.
Page 1 of 1