Page 2 of 5
Mini Truckin General \  Machining 22.5 rims for 22" rubber

Machining 22.5 rims for 22" rubber

Mini Truckin General General Discussions
views 68219
replies 47
following 31

mindlissmetalfab   +1y
Sorry dude, this is new to me and I figured thats what the forums where for. I was just wondering what the actual machining process was. I guess I'll go sign up on dually scene and run a search so you don't get upset.
huskerdually   +1y
We'll tell you to get someone who knows what they are doing to do it. That used wheels are junk and by the time you get done paying shipping it is easier to call up someone and just order a set. It's the stretching thing that always pisses me off. People just want to get going and some stuff costs. Doing stuff that is unsafe to save a few bucks is what pisses me off.
mindlissmetalfab   +1y
Shipping is what I'm trying to avoid. He will most likely be dealing with TN wheel and tire for the adapters and shit, Trevor is a good guy and I've dealt with him before. But shipping a set of 22s to Canada isnt gonna be cheap. Figured if we could get the adapters through him and the wheels done locally it'd be worth it. I'm not planning to ship the used wheels anywhere for work. I don't see how what I'm asking about doing is unsafe? I just want to know HOW to machine the rims and it seems like its some big secret so w/e. I'll talk to trevor directly when we are closer to needing the rims. Thanks.
FluffyFreak   +1y
i just ignore the morons...life is much much much easier that way!
project_77   +1y
Edited: 2/21/2008 1:22:29 PM by elegancebydesign

ya stretching a tire over a 22.5 is the dumbest shit you can do. As far as the milling process most companies will not share there programming. get a 22.5 and a 22" wheel and copy the inners of the 22. That's what one of the local shops here did.
tofnlows10   +1y
Originally posted by iLLblazer

Shipping is what I'm trying to avoid. He will most likely be dealing with TN wheel and tire for the adapters and shit, Trevor is a good guy and I've dealt with him before. But shipping a set of 22s to Canada isnt gonna be cheap. Figured if we could get the adapters through him and the wheels done locally it'd be worth it. I'm not planning to ship the used wheels anywhere for work. I don't see how what I'm asking about doing is unsafe? I just want to know HOW to machine the rims and it seems like its some big secret so w/e. I'll talk to trevor directly when we are closer to needing the rims. Thanks.

seems to be a big secret, no one will reveal it...

asked the same ? before, i dont even have the equip. to do it if i wanted to, but was jw..

okcderek   +1y
I was going to say to buy one wheel already machined and match it.
bdroppeddak   +1y
i looked at a set and the only tool marks i saw on the wheels was where the bead sits, there was no machining done to change the actual OD of the lip.... but anyways if you tried to mount a 22" tire on one, whats the worst that would happen, a flat tire? i doubt you would cause a 30 car pile up, 3 forest fires, and kill 500 innocent bystanders.....
fatboysS1O   +1y
Cris, i have seen one cause a 29 car pile up, 2 forrest fires, and kill 499 innocent bystanders but hey.....
bdydrppup   +1y
bahahaha cris is tha shit, im curious myself cause i finally got a dually and am wantin some