Page 1 of 2
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  NBS Help laying frame on 265/65/18

NBS Help laying frame on 265/65/18

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 1467
replies 13
following 7

Bigrick31   +1y
so i have these humungo 265/65/18 ires on stock 07 escalade wheels. anyways im tired of draggin my tires on my inner fenders and want to drag frame instead. im begining the planning stage of what i need to order and a general plan on how i can make my truck lay with this wheel/tire combo. I would appretiate any advise or pics people could contribute. so far heres what i have planned.

Custom intake to come out and sit right next to the radiator onthe right side of he pass front tire.

get a radiator out of a obs fullsize and one of those can overflows that can mount right to the radiator.

relocate battery under the bed.

raise tranny xmember

notch frame for tie rods

as for the computer and fuse box ideally id love to relocate them to inside my cab but not sure how possible this is.

also my break booster looks like it may cause some troubles and ill need to tub my fire wall. oh not to mention ill be stock floor body dropping the truck a few months after this so id like to have everything set with enough clearance so i dont have to do anything over again just the frame work when its time for the body drop. so does anyone have any pics or advise/suggestions that can make this project any easier?
twistedsdime   +1y
Beer?!?
Bigrick31   +1y
Originally posted by twistedsdime

Beer?!?

Check! fridge in the garage is always stocked!!!
danc   +1y
Would it really be easier to do all that stuff then just buy a lower profile tire? I know tires aren't cheap, but it sounds like its gonna be a bitch to do most of the things on your mod list.
Bigrick31   +1y
Originally posted by danc

Would it really be easier to do all that stuff then just buy a lower profile tire? I know tires aren't cheap, but it sounds like its gonna be a bitch to do most of the things on your mod list.

well my plan for the truck is body dropped on 24s eventually this would be a big step in doing that. plus even with smaller profile tires i still may not lay frame all the way.
twistedsdime   +1y
Just incase you were wondering here is the total diameter spec for your current tire selection:
265/65/18 = 31.56"
Now with a 24" rim:
295/30/24 = 30.97"
295/35/24 = 32.13"
305/30/24 = 31.2"
305/35/24 = 32.41"

So basically the tire height for the 24" will be the same maybe less maybe a lil more. But they basically fall less then an inch more. Now the width will obviously be a lil more too. Going from a 265 to a 295 will be 1.18" wider and a 305 is 1.58" wider. I hope these numbers Help in some way.
Bigrick31   +1y
yea they do thanks for that!
dajizz   +1y
Yo Ricky! No need to go buy a new radiator, you can still strap it to the radiator core and still have room BD on 24's. Save that money and use it to get a mid 80's 4x4 s-10 Blazer brake booster. Then buy Seth some beers and have him cut out your wheel well thingies, notch your frame and drag off you tranny crossmember. It's kinda like a badge of honor ya know?
Bigrick31   +1y
Originally posted by dajizzsocal

Yo Ricky! No need to go buy a new radiator, you can still strap it to the radiator core and still have room BD on 24's. Save that money and use it to get a mid 80's 4x4 s-10 Blazer brake booster. Then buy Seth some beers and have him cut out your wheel well thingies, notch your frame and drag off you tranny crossmember. It's kinda like a badge of honor ya know?

are you saying to strap my stock overflow to my radiator? or to get one of those after market canisters? either way it still has to be set higher than the radiator for my style chevy correct?
TwistedMinis   +1y
I dunno about the radiator thing, but I do know how to tuba firewall. Lol.