Build-Ups \  the rebuild...

the rebuild...

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 8060
replies 155
following 71

Project_Overkill   +1y
notta problem.

i will post up when my sales guy from "Airgas" figures out final $'s for a total package shipped, maybe with a steel blade also. we originally thought around 250-270shipped. a damn good deal imho. this saw kicked ass!
Project_Overkill   +1y
Talked to my guy at airgas and he can do a sale on the saws for $227+shipping. It comes in a decent sized box, (i'd guess 14x24x36) and weighing approx 30-40lbs if anyone wants to inquire about shipping, local zip is 54601 and they do ship daily. He can also add in the Steel Blade for $58 extra. I would assume local tax if you are local. also the blades are able to be sharpened till the carbide is gone. Basically you can get a $300 saw and $100 steel blade for $290.. lemme know if anyones serious and post up..
bendapirate   +1y
Looking absolutely amazing!! Love seeing someone taking the extra steps (foam framrails) to not have to do and redo something over and over. Very professional. Can't wait to see this thing finished!

In other news, you're garage is fucking HUGE!!! I'm jealous man.
Gremlinguy   +1y
Bad fuckin ass man
Project_Overkill   +1y

Holy cats I got some catching up to do on this forum.... Well just to get up to speed, i built an entire front suspension and had to scrap it out, Had Vince from The Choppin Block build be a set of custom one off arms to my specs. they were beautiful... But i had a problem, i got the wrong balljoint specs from moog and the setup binded 2" from full lift and 2" from full drop. I have had several other issues come along ranging from the NBS rack being too long (pivot point to pivot point) which killed bumpsteer, and having to throw away $700 worth of arms and a tons of hours designing and making 2D models to ensure accuracy.. Anyways after a lot of time away i did a lot of thinking and researching and built, in my eyes an ultimate front suspension.  pics from old work.    then i tried OBS upper BJ's, modded the arms and re-tapered the spindles and still no go     Heres where I started scrapping out the old and in with the new        I'm back crackin on the truck now and got the rear rails re-inforced where I noticed a little flex (in front of the axle step-up) and should be good now.. Brick **** house comes to mind...for the front I kept running into the same issues of bumpsteer (toe-in/out) and things just weren't lineing up exactly how I wanted to. Since I am basicly re-inventing the wheel with this frame I took a long step back (summer) and did sum thinking..What i ended up doin was raise my motor 1.5" and set it back another 1". This gave me a mile of room. My firewall will have to be addressed but it was going to be anyways.. What it did was allow me to move my '86 SVO mustang rack up and that solved the bumpsteer issues. I had to notch for the tie rods but the frame should be fine. It also will allow me to use OE Cast tube Manifolds so I will not have to fabricate custom headers. $ is about gone so I can only do so much more unless I get a lot of "freebee's" So effectively i now have almost 14" of travel up front (and out back), great camber layed out and almost 0 camber through-out the entire travel range. Also i will be able to steer at almost laid out as I have the track width narrowed to A: match the rear, and B: turn at a really low ride height!I spent this weekend and today chopping out my old motor mounts, engine x-member (skid protector) and re-did everything. Everything is tacked in place and ready for finalizing bag placement. I am BEYOND happy that i am finally at this stage... Even having some decent fab skills i never imagined there was SO MUCH involved into designing a front suspension from scratch and now have a Ton of respect for guys like Aaron Iha and Vince who have done tons of these type of builds. Next projects;1. To decide on a steering column (which depends on full custom interior, OBS 98 dash, or modded NBS dash) so then i can finish up the steering linkage to the rack. 2. Design and build the bag plates for the front (already planned out)3. Design and build the front supports that will go from the front of the Main Frame X and up to the front rails, kinda like a skeleton over the trans. 4.Finish the driveline; finish trans bracket, design driveshaft hanger bearing x-member, and have my buddy build me new driveshafts.5. Make a new list of things to do..ON with a couple pics..       ALSO to MODS, can i get this thread moved to the "Build Section" ??????????????????????????????????????????????????
Uncle Fester   +1y

Thread moved.  Congrats on not settling for half best and redoing what was needed.  Keep up the great work, this is looking awesome. 
FCKNLOW   +1y

great looking work man!
riddinlow99   +1y
about time you get some work done on this Steve <!--session data-->
mjavy7   +1y

wow! a hell of a re-build!!great work, I respect your for going back and reding thigs the right way even if it cost money. That is great!!Great build, keep up the good work!
Project_Overkill   +1y

updates, bags mounted, motor set back in, swapped back to stock 6.0L truck oil pan and selling my new LS1 oil pan I bought.

I will have to swap to the HE-8's though to get the extra lift i want. Glad i made room for em! can even use the stock manifolds now but i do have to swap to an LS6 intake or preferably the Performance Products "Typhoon" intake manifold for height clearances. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;