Page 2 of 3
Ask A Pro \  Threaded End Links

Threaded End Links

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 773
replies 28
following 12

bdroppeddak   +1y
ah so you put like an end mill in the chuck and have something to hold the bolt in the tool post?
BioMax   +1y
pretty much.

This is a "rougher" end mill
post photo
dirtyd97   +1y
i was hoping for a pic of the treaded end but i got the idea thanxs
bdroppeddak   +1y
Edited: 9/25/2007 6:18:13 PM by bdroppeddak

Edited: 9/25/2007 6:17:39 PM by bdroppeddak

here is what the threaded ends look like that i use for gravity-werx bars...
post photo
BioMax   +1y
^^^Are these what you were talking about here?

Originally posted by bdroppeddak

or you can buy threaded studs, mike from gravity-werx gets threaded studs cut out of B-7 for his 4 links, they are coped on a mill too!

bdroppeddak   +1y
yep!
BioMax   +1y
That's exactly what my modified bolts end up looking like. I thought that you were talking about grade 8 all-thread that was notched.

If he is machining those from a solid billet, I would have to say that he has too much time on his hands and needs a new hobby. That is a lot of work!
bdroppeddak   +1y
they are cnc machined, so its alot easier than what you are doing! a cnc lathe with a bar feeder can do wonders.... i think its a ronco... set it and forget it!!
BioMax   +1y
I understand that, but that's still a lot more work and you still end up with cut threads instead of rolled threads. Unless he's rolling them too? They do look awfully clean to be cut.
bdroppeddak   +1y
its not alot more work, when you sell 4 links you need alot of those ends, you write one program, and you have it anytime you need to cut... throw a stick of solid b-7 in the bar feeder, crank up the machine, and let it do its stuff! a cnc lathe and bar feeder will do everything but cope the end, you dont have to do anything but collect the parts up, then cope them in a mill... but yes its cut threads all processes except for the coping are done in the same machine...