Page 3 of 4
Tools \  Wear Safety Glasses!

Wear Safety Glasses!

Tools Q & A
views 1787
replies 34
following 33

whynotfab   +1y
Went to check on him earlier.. he just joked around, and seemed fine. He said his vision is still a little blurred, but not as "milky" looking in the air. Hopefully by tomorrow it's perfectly fine..
scr8pin92yota   +1y
Sorry to hear about your dad hope he is ok. Always wear eye protection i have already lost one of my eyes in an accident when i was 10 with a can of blasting caps and a claw hammer. So when im working on my trucks im always wearing saftey glasses
The Mayor   +1y
Sorry to hear that. Hope he's okay.

I had to go to the Hospital myself a few weeks back. I was grinding on the front spring pockets when a shaving went past my glasses and lodged straight in my eye. It was only about 1/8 of an inch long, but stuck in my eye like a spear.
mulishafoxxx   +1y
I spent a lovely Friday night two weeks ago at the hospital with my bf..he was wearing safety glasses and was grinding something and steel managed to find its way into his eye... that was a nice ER visit. they numb your eye, which if they give you enough will numb your mouth, and scoop it out with a small spoon like tool and then flush your eye out so it does not rust in your eye.. and if you are lucky enough to have it rust in your eye, then they sand your eye down... so make sure once it is in there that you go to the ER fast so it doesn't give it too much time to rust.. yay Kaiser.
nascarguy3   +1y
I have two pairs of glasses and I use the hell out of them for all things...
mjavy7   +1y
wow, that reminds me the time I got a very small piece of aluminum stuck to my cornia. I had to be removed by the doc and I could no see for 5 days after that. Ever since the I ware my safety 99.9% of the time.
bdroppeddak   +1y
im usually making "tissue torpedos" couple times a week......... i guess its kinda stupid, but if i get a piece that isnt a "direct hit" and just blows around my glasses, i will flick it off the eye...... i got a good piece stuck in the center of my eye and had to get it picked out and drilled, that sucked..... im definetly not looking forward to this work week, i have a solid 10 hrs of grinding to do on a large part........
ec_dually   +1y
like our saftey director preaches to us about safety glasses onthe job site,,
"LOSE ONE EYE AND YOU ONLY SEE HALF THE WORLD, LOSE BOTH EYES AND SOMEONE ELSE SEE'S IT FOR YOU" they harp on us to wear safety glasses at all time...
smctoy   +1y
Im a big supporter of protecting your eyes!! Ive had metal dug out of eyes only once & that was enough for me!! So wear them guys!
SSM-Webmaster   +1y
Saturday I was using a Dremel tool with a cutoff wheel to cut a piece of rubber when the wheel snapped in half and one half bounced off my goggles straight in front of my right eye. I turned off the dremel and took off the goggles and stared at them for a minute... realizing the hell I'd be in without them. It was worth it to drive to my buddy's house to get them before I started, worth every damn bit.