Page 2 of 4
Tools \  Wear Safety Glasses!

Wear Safety Glasses!

Tools Q & A
views 1789
replies 34
following 33

MagicMikey   +1y
i burned that part right next to my eye on the skin. i was useing a weldin helmet with my plazma cutter and flipped it up and took a screw driver to knock of some slage and owch. there is no way i could have got closer to my eye ball with out touchin it. Thank God i still got my eye and it wasnt hurt.
NtotheIZZATEDOG   +1y
Originally posted by grlluvstoys

Besides, if you guys damage your eyes you won't be able to look at all us pretty women...LOL, you'll have to feel your way around without knowing what you're gettting yourself into haha

that's a nice thought, but what it boils down to guys is make sure you wear a protective cup, these ladies don't want a piece of mangled meatstick in the ol lovecave

nryota   +1y
Originally posted by STUD1Y

i always just let my blind friends work on my truck.

Not only do they turn out stylish, but there's no risk of anyone going blind!

granth   +1y
Originally posted by grlluvstoys

Make sure to wear goggles that fit tight around your eyes....my buddy had on safety glasses (with side panels) while working on the lathe. A small stainless chip flew up and still managed to get around the glasses. The chip was a curly one and basically screwed itself into his eye ouch. It's worth the time - to protect your eyes. I've even worn safety glasses under a face mask while on the grinder after a piece flew under my mask.

Besides, if you guys damage your eyes you won't be able to look at all us pretty women...LOL, you'll have to feel your way around without knowing what you're gettting yourself into haha

just felt like lettin you know your truck feature is on my wall. thats one sick rig!
b2low   +1y
also a good idea if you are grinding alot use ear muffs or plugs,a couple of hours with a grinder can hurt your hearing, then again most of us have loud stereos so whats the point,lol
Wicked Fantacies   +1y
Oh yes I've had metal in my eye 3 times all 3 times i was wearing eye protection 1 was a shield the other 2 was safety glasses f*ck both of those goggles are the way to go and ear plugs help to nothing like having a piece of burning metal fly down your ear then hearing it sizzle out along with feeling it sizzle out!
phillip   +1y
1st sorry to hear about pops hope all is
well 2nd the jack stand thing really bothers me everyone here has probly seen it a guy at a show blows a bag or somthing like that under his truck without a stand hey remind the guy
phillip   +1y
how dangerous it is bring him a brick or somthing
TZNPLZN   +1y
3 years ago I had a tooth come off a tablesaw blade and hit me in the lower eye lid. That caused enough blunt trama to the eye, my vision has remained "squiggly" to this day. Lots of different eyedrops, sleeping upright, doctor everyday... Damn, I don't miss that shit. Hope everything heals up for your Pop!
Jance Customs   +1y
I hope he's okay! We have a nail gun that has a spring missing and will allow you to shoot a nail without pushing it against the surface just by pulling the trigger. It's dangerous to keep the gun that way but so far I have the record for sticking a nail in a tree at 35 feet away!