views 5862
replies 28
following 28

prorida   +1y
Edited: 5/30/2007 10:27:16 PM by prorida

he's the only dude i've seen get a feature, while in his driveway. LOL
urdaddy   +1y
granth   +1y
Seth, when you cut the arm, do you bend the balljoint side up or down? It seems like you would want to bend it down, so the balljoint doesnt bind as quick, right? Maybe I am seeing it wrong.
ROLO   +1y
well, I got to say thanks too, since ur pics from the b/d help me fix my clutch master problem, so I owe you some cold ones too, I'll be at drop zone, and keep yp with the good work man, thanks again for all the help.
slammedcivicsi   +1y
the balljoints only have so much room to play with until they bind.

Thats why you pie cut them, to re-angle the control arm and ball joints to get the additional few degrees of movement out of your balljoints.
jdm customs   +1y
Those pics also show you how you "flip" the upper balljoint as well. Putting the balljoint on top of the arm lowers the arm slightly taking a little of the angle out of it while layed out. If you get 2 inch drop spindles for a mazda (truck in picture) you dont have to do any of this actually. But this is deff. cheaper.
baggedbmy93mazda   +1y

SO THE GAP/CUT SHOULD GET BIGGER ? as you jack athe suspension up? then tack ...

tacokane   +1y

For that scenario the gap would close so the end of the arm with ball joint will bend down allowing the suspension to compress all the way. You could even take a little pie cut for a few extra degrees but it usually doesn't take much, and if you go to far you will only limit yourself when lifted.  Great thread though, post as sticky
post photo
LaYiNfRaMe22   +1y
Any chance we could get the pictures back up or at least some similar ones?