Page 1 of 3
Air Ride Suspensions \  HOW TO: Pie Cut Your Upper Control Arms

HOW TO: Pie Cut Your Upper Control Arms

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 5848
replies 28
following 28

TwistedMinis   +1y
Okay I thought this was pretty simple, but I see this question come up a lot so I think it needs to be addressed with some pictures.

So, the first step is to cut your arm where you want it to bend. I ended up cutting a little farther into the top of the arm to get it to bend a little better. But theres no reason to cut all the way across really.

Then jack the suspension up to where it needs to be, and let the weight of the truck bend the arm. Go slowly with the jack, otherwise your truck might come off the jackstands. Take some measurements to make sure the truck will lay, and then tack it in place, on both cuts.

Now bring it back down to where you can see it, and weld it up. Make sure to turn the settings down and don't blow through the arm at first like I did. These things are pretty thin.

Now weld up the bottom side. You can probably do ti with the control arm on, but ti will be much easier to just pull the arm off. Then paint it and you're done. Hope this helps some people.
thacru78   +1y
Seth your awesome. I gotta buy you a cold one someday. Keep up the good work man.
TwistedMinis   +1y
Beer good... Lol.
dragginmazda86   +1y
That little write up will help many other people in the future. Seth,your always there to lend a hand. Keep up the good work.
dragginmazda86   +1y
Oh and if I make it to Drop Zone I'll hook you up with a couple cold ones lol.
TwistedMinis   +1y
Assuming I am there too.
Texmextukin   +1y
Youre my HERO dude. Ever in Arlington, Texas I'll be sure to get you a nice cold, frothy brewski.
bodydropped85   +1y
badass
bagdb2200   +1y
Good to see you didn't cut the end of the arm completely off. I have no idea why people do it that way. :tup:
karathos   +1y
Kick ass seth, I understand now....SOOO WHICH MINITRUCKER IN ELPASO IS GONNA LET ME USE THIER WELDER AND CUTTING WHEEL FOR A FEW HOURS?? SUPPORT A POOR ARMY BOY HERE.....