Page 1 of 3
Air Ride Suspensions \  locktite vs. teflon tape

locktite vs. teflon tape

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 5408
replies 26
following 25

dalucas00   +1y
what do you guys prefer to use on your installs?? and ptc are there any good ones taht dont leak bc all the ones i had leaked
MIDWEST DRAGFEST   +1y
teflom tape
TwistedPhil   +1y
I always use Teflon tape and I've never had a problem. If you use Loctite, I think you have to wait for it to cure before you air up, or it will blow out of the thread area.
As for PTC fittings, stick with brass or nickel DOT approved fittings and you should be fine. Make sure your line is clean, cut straight, and doesn't have a bunch of scratches on it, too!
We prefer compression fittings because of their tighter seal, but PTC is definitely easier to set up!
Good luck!

-Phil at FBI
BaggedIndy   +1y
We use SWAK from swagelok on everything. Works on our equipment up to 6500psi with very few leaks.
MIDWEST DRAGFEST   +1y
ya compression fittings work great
krayla   +1y
what about the problem w/ tape getting in valves n shit? ppl seem to talk about that being a problem a lot. although i'm using it anywayz.
MIDWEST DRAGFEST   +1y
if it gets in the valves 9 times out of 10 it will blow out and not effect it
2mnybilz   +1y
We use yellow gas fitters tape.... It's a lot thicker,and with less tape it guarantees an awsome seal. I don't like the locktite or pipe dope cause they just bung up valves if some gets in where it shouldn't.
kboring   +1y
I use loctite on mine..no leaks, no worries
detached   +1y
i cant remember the name of the stuff i use but its sold at napa auto parts if i remember right and its a thread sealant never had a problem with it at all.. ive had problems with teflon though...