Page 2 of 2
Motorcycles \  how hard

how hard

Motorcycles Make Specific
views 1096
replies 19
following 13

drtbiker182   +1y
i dont know where you live but most states offer a motorcycle safety course. id recommend taking that. its generally a weekend and you come out with your liscense and some good techniques. i work at a large dealership here in maryland and everyday guys come in buying R1s and shit.. have they ever ridden probably not but they dont think 600s are for "pussys".. these are the same guys that cant take corners but go real fast on the highway. sorry to ramble on man but get a good helmet. 100 dollar helmet will not do shit. get a good leather jacket and leather gloves. boots and jeans are ok while your learning. good luck man..
lilslay   +1y
thanks for tha help guys....i think im gonna go take tha Harley Davidson riders edge course here in Baton Rouge, its like 250 but they provide tha bike and everything, but how much does a good helmet and jacket and other leathers cost about?
BAGD RANGER   +1y
THATS GOOD THAT YOUR ARE GOING TO TAKE THE COURSE -- GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ---
AS FAR AS PRICE GO AS SAY LOOK AT VARIOUS WEBSITES --- NOW I KNOW HELMETS CAN RANGE BETWEEN $100 - $1000.00 --- DEPENDING ON STYLE ON BRAND --- AND JACKETS ANYWHERE FROM $100 - $700.00 -- DEPNDING ON STYLE AND BRAND AS WELL --- AS FAR AS WHAT I BOUGHT AND HAVE MY HELMET COST ME ABOUT $300.00 AND IT WAS PLAIN BLACK -- I HAD A PINSTRIPER STRIPE THE WHOLE HELMET TO MATCH THE BIKE -- AND MY JACKET WAS A JOE ROCKET HONDA JACKET WITH FLL PADDINGS IT RAN ABOUT $350.00 -- THERE SHOULD BE ALOT OF WINTER AND CHRISTMAS SPECIALS COMING UP SO TAKE ADVANTAGE --- GOOD LUCK WITH ERYTHING -- AND POST SOME PICS OF THE BIKE AND GEAR U BUY -- !!!
draggingtb   +1y
Edited: 10/13/2006 6:31:45 AM by draggingtb

im trying to get out of riding. i'll get you my barely used Icon TiMax for 150 bucks. perfect condition, i think i've only worn it 10 times since i've bought it. i paid like 300. let me know if you want it. as far as helmet pricing, it does range a lot. hjc's are normally cheaper, but i wouldn't recommend them. i got one, and hated it. heavy and fit weird. Arai is a really good helmet, i got one, plain black Corsair RX7 for like 700 bucks or so. comfortable and great quality. i'd look for something around 500 or so.
lilslay   +1y
is that a jacket or helmet? i wear a size 8 hat, and im a big dude, doubt it will fit huh?
draggingtb   +1y
that's a jacket, my bad. i'm kinda small/medium build. so it might not fit.
Captain Quicktoy   +1y
I used to be a racing instructor, so i've been around the block a few times. go take THE MOTORCYCLE SAFETY FOUNDATION CLASS
purplekush   +1y
speaking of wheelies
4th gear wheelies are scary at 90-100+ mph
drtbiker182   +1y
Icon- is a pretty decently priced company, you can get a leather jacket for lik 350. As far as a helmet I'd consider on the cheap side an HJC AC-12 which can be had for just over 200. or Shoei's RF1000 which starts around 370.
liljlowrider   +1y
good luck with the course bro... and always remember one thing...what ever bike you get has way more power than you and dont ever lose respect for it or it will kill you.. at my shop we repair alot of bike that kids get when they turn 18 and think they can do anything on it... but soon find out thats not true.. good luck and good ridin.. if you do it right its awesome...