Page 1 of 2
Motorcycles \  how hard

how hard

Motorcycles Make Specific
views 1088
replies 19
following 13

lilslay   +1y
hey guys...im turnin 18 friday, and was looking at getting a bike in a few months, how hard is it to learn? ive never drove one, but ive rode with my dad when i was younger and since then ive been hooked, anytips?
tofnlows10   +1y
dirtbike...or 4 wheeler...cant mess them up as bad...
BAGD RANGER   +1y
i use to have a bike -- and i bought one without ever getting on one before ---- i learned to ride it the first day --( i also dropt it like 3 times the first day going about 2 mph ) ---- take your time and stay on the side rodes -- dont get on the highways until your extremely sure you are ready for that ---- bikes can be very fun -- but they are real dangerous as well ---please get a helmet and a jacket -- i dont care how long you have been riding for or how experienced someone is -- you will drop the bike -- you will lay it down ---- just becareful and have fun -- be safe --- watch out for other vehicle cuz they aint watching out for you -- --- as for driving them --- your left hand controls the blinkers and front brake --- your right hand controls the gas and ignition --- your left foot controls the shifting and your right foot controls the back brake --- good luck with everything --- sorry for the long book ---- but you asked !!!!
draggingtb   +1y
i've rode since i was 4. i'm 21 now riding a r1. my advice is DO NOT get a street bike. they're not hard to learn how to ride, but there's so many things that can go wrong. i've seen so many kids who turned 18, got a sportbike, and killed or injured themselves before they even got a chance to enjoy the bike. i'd get a dirtbike, ride that solid for a little while. you can crash a dirtbike all you want and spend minimal money to repair them. crash a $9,000 streetbike and chances are you're spending another few grand to get it running again. so get used to the feel and all on a dirtbike. after that, get a smaller streetbike. Honda F3's are great bikes to learn on, and are really inexpensive. if you do want to go straight to street, i'd get your dad's advice on everything. and make sure he's around while you learn. and don't out do yourself on the bike you choose. and happy birthday by the way.
ir8st8   +1y
Edited: 10/12/2006 6:16:00 AM by ir8st8

JUST KEEP IT ON 1 WHEEL!

How To Do WheeliesThe way I will tell you how to do a wheelie and you being able to just go outand do it, and get it right after a while will all depend on how good you are atknowing and feeling what you can do with your bike.If you ride an R1 - CBR 900
draggingtb   +1y
Edited: 10/12/2006 6:21:34 AM by draggingtb

Edited: 10/12/2006 6:19:47 AM by draggingtb

and listen to tim ^^^ just because you can go forward, shift gears, and stop, doesn't mean you can ride. there's a lot you need to get used to, so stick to back roads and wear your gear. i got a $700 arai helmet with no fancy designs and $300 icon jacket i never go without. sorry for the preaching here, but like i've said...i've seen too many people kill themselves before they could even enjoy the bike. do not try to show off. it is fun. i stunt. but do not try to impress anyone. i can garuntee a wrecked bike and road rash won't get you any chicks.
BAGD RANGER   +1y
WHO THE HELL IS TALKING ABOUT "HOW TO WHEELIE"
Iownissan   +1y
take it off any sweet jumps?

you got like 3 feet of air that time!
ir8st8   +1y
Originally posted by BAGD RANGER

WHO THE HELL IS TALKING ABOUT "HOW TO WHEELIE"

JUST RAZZIN HIM...CALM DOWN.... HE CAN PRACTICE THEM THE SECOND DAY HE RIDES!

TwistedMinis   +1y
Usually the class you take to get your license they provide a bike and teach you how to ride over a weekend. Then if you drop it its not a big deal.