threads
Page 7 of 20
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  lets see them unibody dropped cars.........

lets see them unibody dropped cars.........

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 25202
replies 194
following 124

wileypdf   +1y
For those of you with the bags on the upper arms, have you run into any problems... like ball joints goin out quick or the arm itsself bending?
bunkered13   +1y
Edited: 9/15/2007 2:39:51 PM by bunkered13

heres a few pics of mine. almost done, its a 99 pontiac grand am with a 225-35-20
post photo
post photo
post photo
cuzican   +1y
Originally posted by WileyPDF

For those of you with the bags on the upper arms, have you run into any problems... like ball joints goin out quick or the arm itsself bending?

Weld the ball joints to the control arm, or they will pop out of the arm.
thebagged1   +1y
Originally posted by bunkered13

Edited: 9/15/2007 2:39:51 PM by bunkered13

heres a few pics of mine. almost done, its a 99 pontiac grand am with a 225-35-20

wtf is that? i sure hope you fixed those bird droppings
post photo
post photo
post photo
bunkered13   +1y
yea they are fixed. those are the newest pics i have, i left my camera somewhere at heatwave and i havent bought another yet.
xflowgolf   +1y
Edited: 12/21/2007 3:17:59 PM by never2low87

Originally posted by So Tex Customz

well i was thinkin goin hybrid cylinders in front tied into some into the trunk connected to bag i just dont like the idea of juice leakin o rings and whatnot

I'm having the same dillema right now. I have very little room so I will probably cram cylinders in but I hate the idea of leaks and oil dripping. I'll change seals, but I want to drive my ride, not just park it and look at it.

...as for unibody dropped cars... Here's the front of my VW so far. I have already raised the strut tops 2 inches by cutting out the whole stock inner fender and strut tower structure and starting over with tube.

Started by Sawzalling it all out...

Then bent up tube and welded up home made towers 2" higher...

...and now I hacked out the control arm mounts, engine mounts, and steering rack to raise those up above the pinch...

I've got that section trimmed and tacked back in place but I have to start the plating and reinforcement one of these days.

Next up is cutting out the rest of the floor and building a flat floor flush with the pinch so it'll lay out proper.

I also will have to narrow the front suspension so it'll tuck, narrowing control arms, tie rods, driveshafts, etc. lots of work ahead of me.

Oh.. and it's not technically a car.. it's an '81 VW Rabbit truck.. but it's basically a car since it's front drive unibody. Progress is damn slow but I hope to get crackin on it again this winter.
post photo
post photo
post photo
87loyota502   +1y
that v-dub rabbit truck will be sick laid out.. only seen a few off some vw websites and pics and are they are the poo!
tuckinlugs06   +1y
anyone got pics of a 96 camry bagged or juiced...or got pics of the front setup...this is the one thing keeping from layin it
droptZX2   +1y
heres mine needs to be cut out a little more in the wheel wells front crossmember is about 1/2in off the ground and the rear cross member is about 1.5in off ground running 2 pump 4 dump kit with 8s in the front 10s in the rear

post photo
post photo
post photo
baggedon22   +1y
dont know how to post pics buy my civic lays on 20s