threads
Page 6 of 20
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  lets see them unibody dropped cars.........

lets see them unibody dropped cars.........

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 25200
replies 194
following 124

shavedmax   +1y
Originally posted by So Tex Customz

i got it cut out for 18s to lay flat in this pic the exhaust is still on so bout 1/2" off the ground stillstock strut just wont work or id have to cut up the hood i cut some struts and it layed out perfectlyproblem is cut struts were "bowing" when i turned and had my wheels all fwww here you can see the bowso now im gonna try the upper a arm theory if i cut the strut towers down to the frame it would be a basic 3x5 box frame for me to start off with im thinkin that next plus its kick ass when you can see the wheels under the hood on a honda

those are hydraulic cylinders or the stock struts, cause my cylinders never bent, 3 wheeling and all.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
Jance Customs   +1y
Cars are looking good!
So Tex Customz   +1y
modified stock strut that did not work for shhh...
pjsbird   +1y
Edited: 9/19/2006 10:33:16 PM by pjsbird

I know its not an import, but it is unibody

Bagged 89 Thunderbird on 20's.

shavedmax   +1y
Originally posted by So Tex Customz

modified stock strut that did not work for shhh...

a stock strut isnt supposed to be cut up and welded back up, no wonder it bent. use the strut housing to house a pair of 6 or 8 inch cylinders and you'd be lower than airfags.the lowed you can go withthem is where the bottom of the bag hits the top of the tire. the bigger the rim, the taller the car has to be.
OLDSKOOL   +1y

post photo
So Tex Customz   +1y
my 2500 bags are mounted on lower control a arm just the stock strut to tall bottoming out on itself maybe i should get some hydro cylinders with no juice and just filter the port hmmmm....
dirty   +1y
is it just the chopping and tubing of the suspension that makes them lay out??
sorry im new to the laying out an import scene i have a bagged ranger and my friend has a civic that he wants to lay out
Vbullet98   +1y
Edited: 10/2/2006 11:51:17 PM by Vbullet98

all these cas are looking good, more motivation for me to get mine bagged. The wagon the mustang, and the tercel are tight. its not bagged but sits lower than any other CRV that i know of on springs. its a photoshoped image of a paint job i am considering.
post photo
LORTHANU   +1y
SWEET!